First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love this! I came from a '97 Geo Tracker. Now I'm not the only one!
After the Samurai engine blew up, I found a cheap donor Tracker in Berkeley on Craigslist, about an hour and a half away. It was the worst car I’ve ever driven. The seller was a typical aging pothead hippie. the frame was bent, most of the interior was missing, the top was falling apart and falling off, it stunk, the tires were bad, the wipers were shot, the auto transmission slipped, but the engine ran well so it was perfect.

I drove it home in the rain, in the slow lane, terrified.

After the mechanic stripped the useful parts, he tried to sell the remains for parts/scrap. He (I) ended up having to pay to have it hauled off.

The car got past the smog referee (after extended hassles) and I have the CARB sticker. It has passed smog every time. It is really nice to have the extra displacement and fuel injection.

Jason

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Cool.

There's a guy not far from me that has two or three battered Samurais lifted and all tricked out with tires bigger than I would have guessed possible on one. They're always spattered with mud when they're outside. Used and abused.

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 2dr 2.3 7speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thats funny. I too had an '86 Samurai and an '81 CJ-5. I don't miss locking the hubs on the CJ in freezing weather though...;)

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thats funny. I too had an '86 Samurai and an '81 CJ-5. I don't miss locking the hubs on the CJ in freezing weather though...;)
I hear ya ... although some of the new Bronco folks destroying their transmissions when flat towing, might like to have manual unlocking hubs and transfer case lever.

Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Roadkill dropped a 440ci in one…sick!

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very cool. Had an '88 Sammi hardtop on 33's that was a blast to cruise around in, simplicity at it's best. Flat towed it everywhere, little dude never gave me any troubles. Always joked my Sammi had cruise control, pedal to the metal and she'd mostly keep highway speeds! Should have kept that one.
I lived this in Australia back in 1990. I had an 88 Sierra (their name for the Samauri) and often joked that I should just put the toolbox on the gas pedal as that was the 80-100km/h “governor” LOL

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm currently in South America on a retirement exploratory trip and I see Jimnys al over the place. Pretty cool little trucks.

Sponsored

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are cool..especially jacked up. I had an 80s BRAT with the seats in the back. Fun college vehicle. Very simple vehicle. Motor blew and easily swapped in a replacement in the back yard with a tree and come along. The spare was under the hood.

BCHBRNC22

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

you have to be careful with the Samari's, on a windy day they tend to blow away and roll down the street....
lol, but only if you believe the likes of Ralph Nader and the NHTSB. But hey it’s ok to allow 180 mph crotch rockets zip around. Go figure.
Sponsored