First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I will see 15.1V on that gauge sometimes so I don't think that's your issue. I'd start with fully charging your battery and checking for the latest version of Sync.

As much as I love this vehicle there's no lying the infotainment is absolutely terrible and the charging system is undersized...
Are you serious? This has been an issue since the 90s broncos...a typical upgrade is to not only upsize the alternator but also the entire system from 2g to 3g.

Why would ford cheap out on the charging system for a vehicle who's motto is "mod me"? A vehicle that literally comes with accessory mounting points and is even pre-wired for them?
Sponsored

23_Badlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2d SAS 7sp(AB) Hi Tow Modular Hoop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just went to get some gas any my voltage wasn't bouncing around as much, but peaked at 16.2!
If that voltage reading is accurate, that's wicked high---high enough to potentially do some damage.

We've found the voltage on our Gauge display reads approx. .3 - .4v high vs. a Fluke voltmeter.

Michigander

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Check for loose battery cables.

My son had a very similar problem on his Ranger. The battery terminal was just sitting on the terminal (not tightened). He had taken it to a dealer for body work and they had neglected to tighten it when they put it back together.

I think the bad connection was causing voltage spikes in tge voltage sensor located at the battery terminal.

MAGIA

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thie message just popped up on my daughters 22 Bronco, the battery was bad. Raptors were having the same issue Ive also read its happening on other brands like GMC Chevy and Jeeps.
Ford replaced it at no charge.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2023 2.7 with 2500 miles. Drive it daily. This morning this popped up 10 minutes into my morning drive

My voltage was constantly bouncing between 15.6 and 14.9v

When the bar filled up the sync unit shut off and I continued driving just fine. I held down the power and skip ahead buttons and the system popped right back on without even going through the standard startup animation

Any idea what it could be?

IMG_0401.jpeg

IMG_0402.jpeg
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BigBlue7

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well the dealership said the codes pointed to a bad battery and they did two tests and the battery failed immediately and it was pretty dead.

New battery installed and everything looks fine on the testing side

Picking it up in a few minutes

Guess there really was a bad batch of batteries

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs