BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2023 2.7 with 2500 miles. Drive it daily. This morning this popped up 10 minutes into my morning drive

My voltage was constantly bouncing between 15.6 and 14.9v

When the bar filled up the sync unit shut off and I continued driving just fine. I held down the power and skip ahead buttons and the system popped right back on without even going through the standard startup animation

Any idea what it could be?

IMG_0401.jpeg

IMG_0402.jpeg
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
15.7 sounds pretty high. I thought 14.4 was about the max normal range.
I almost wonder if it was an overvoltage protection but to the APIM, it was just seen as loadshedding.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is your commute typically short? Short drives will deplete the battery over time. Get it out and run some miles without starting and stopping it.

OP
OP
BigBlue7

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is your commute typically short? Short drives will deplete the battery over time. Get it out and run some miles without starting and stopping it.
Yesterday I drove 45 miles in the morning and another 45 miles in the evening. Some days I work from home. I Have 2500 miles in 2.5 months. This isn't from lack of driving

Bought 2.5 months ago. Blend date of early August

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yesterday I drove 45 miles in the morning and another 45 miles in the evening. Some days I work from home. I Have 2500 miles in 2.5 months. This isn't from lack of driving

Bought 2.5 months ago. Blend date of early August
I will see 15.1V on that gauge sometimes so I don't think that's your issue. I'd start with fully charging your battery and checking for the latest version of Sync.

As much as I love this vehicle there's no lying the infotainment is absolutely terrible and the charging system is undersized...

Sponsored
OP
OP
BigBlue7

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also, I have not received any sort of alerts or notifications in my Ford Pass app.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

15.7 is pretty high, but it isn't much higher than what it should typically vary between. It may be high enough to start making certain modules act up though. Normally high voltage would illuminate the charging system light and more than likely set a DTC depending on how long the condition lasts.

Normal range according to the workshop manual should be between 12.2-15.2 depending on whether the battery is in a refresh phase or not. Personally I would just keep an eye on it, and see if it happens again.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ironically I got the same message in my app yesterday, but I know my battery level of charge is fine. I ignored it.

OP
OP
BigBlue7

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
15.7 is pretty high, but it isn't much higher than what it should typically vary between. It may be high enough to start making certain modules act up though. Normally high voltage would illuminate the charging system light and more than likely set a DTC depending on how long the condition lasts.

Normal range according to the workshop manual should be between 12.2-15.2 depending on whether the battery is in a refresh phase or not. Personally I would just keep an eye on it, and see if it happens again.
Thanks. It was also 35 degrees here this morning if that changes anything.

About two weeks ago as I was pulling into a parking lot I got an alert on my dash that said "Service Charging System Soon". I shut the car and went inside. Came back out to my car 5 minutes later and turn it on an the message was gone. Again, never receive any sort of notification or alerts in my FordPass app.

Think the two messages (about two weeks apart) are related?

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks. About two weeks ago as I was pulling into a parking lot I got an alert on my dash that said "Service Charging System Soon". I shut the car and went inside. Came back out to my car 5 minutes later and turn it on an the message was gone. Again, never receive any sort of notification or alerts in my FordPass app.

Think the two messages (about two weeks apart) are related?
More than likely, yes. In that case I would bring it into your dealership. The codes stored from that fault should still be present.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I get it all the time but not while driving, I mostly ignore it only because it seems to be sensitive to any kind of drain. My pods have backlight and tied to the accessory lightning so the timeout on that circuit is like 5 min.

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happened to me. Replaced my alternator under warranty. Took only a few days since they had to order parts. No questions asked. Does this look similar?

OP
OP
BigBlue7

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Happened to me. Replaced my alternator under warranty. Took only a few days since they had to order parts. No questions asked. Does this look similar?

Yup! Extremely similar. Mine wasn't bouncing back and forth quite as fast, but definitely was similar.

I just went to Autozone and they tested the battery and alternator to the best of their ability and everything checked out fine. Bringing it to the dealership at 11am tomorrow.

How quick were the able to diagnose your issue? I'm worried that my dealership will say everything is fine because they can't recreate the issue

23_Badlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2d SAS 7sp(AB) Hi Tow Modular Hoop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
. . . . . the charging system is undersized...
The Bronco has a 240a alternator, more than enough amps to keep *dual* H7 batteries in a big-block diesel fully charged, so not lacking in that respect. How it uses those 240a is another story. I've monitored the voltage on the Gauge display a few times. The voltage, on occasion, will sometimes hover in the 13's, even when the battery is significantly discharged (<12.2v). It typically takes >14.0v to charge an H7 battery relatively quickly. Sometimes it will hover in the high 14's and low 15's when the battery is completely charged (12.7v). No rhyme or reason to the Bronco's charging algorithms

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigBlue7

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just went to get some gas any my voltage wasn't bouncing around as much, but peaked at 16.2!
Sponsored