SkiahMutt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R53 MINI Cooper S, Land Rover Discovery 1 5-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys. I've been following the new Bronco closely for a while now, but didn't bother reserving early on because I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to justify a new car economically. Between then and now, my situation has changed a lot(traded a job for a career, etc), and I can very safely afford my dream bronco. Here's the thing, though: I've never ordered a car. Heck, I've never even bought a new car, I've driven exclusively old shitboxes. So I have no clue how to go about any of this and avoid getting screwed.

I live in a small town in Central Missouri, and we've got a Ford dealer. I stopped by and talked to the general manager last week, and we discussed the Bronco quite a bit. He doesn't know much about them, other than that it'll take quite a while to get. I believe they've only had a couple orders(only one that I know of), and no deliveries. The GM and I shook hands on 'invoice', but we haven't gone any further than that. I'm expecting to go in this week to actually order the bronco and put down a deposit.

What do I need to do to keep from getting screwed on the price? Just get a written agreement for 'invoice'?

How do I know the price he gives me actually is 'invoice'?

How do I make sure I don't get 99'd?

What questions do I need to ask?

Last thing, I'm planning on ordering as follows:
2 door
2.3/7mt
Velocity blue
Badlands
High Package
Leather trimmed seats(that gets you carpet in a Badlands, correct?)
Roof bars
Tow Package
Connected built in nav

On that list, what's going to hurt me in terms of the wait? I'm willing to skip tow and roof bars if it will make a difference, but the rest of the list I'm pretty well set on.
Sponsored

Doc Brown

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Forte
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
getting a 2dr (hard top) will hurt you the most on wait time.

OP
OP
SkiahMutt

SkiahMutt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R53 MINI Cooper S, Land Rover Discovery 1 5-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
getting a 2dr (hard top) will hurt you the most on wait time.
I figured the roof was gonna be a killer, but I'm pretty set on a 2-door. There's no option to do a soft top instead of the hard top on a 2-door like there is on the 4-door, correct?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most importantly, get your purchase order in writing.

Kinda late in the game to be getting invoice pricing but if you can make that deal happen, then good for you. As far as invoice pricing, that can be found here.

Try to find out how many other orders they have and what their allocations have been so far this year to get a better feel of when you can expect delivery.

Oh, and be sure to get your order in writing. And if no one else has mentioned it yet, get your order in writing. And just so I am clear on one last point, make sure you get your order in writing. Did I mention to get it in writing?

Edit. Your order preview (some refer to it as a DORA) will show your priority code. 10 - 19 are the same.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I figured the roof was gonna be a killer, but I'm pretty set on a 2-door. There's no option to do a soft top instead of the hard top on a 2-door like there is on the 4-door, correct?
Correct
Sponsored