Singleshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've just installed the rough country rear bumper with the two (2)slim-line 6" LEDs. I am also running the Oracle taillights.

What I'd like to do is tap both rear taillights to power each slim-line 6" light. According to Rough Country, the am draw on the slim-line's are 8 amp each. I have not contacted Oracle about the amp draw on their taillights, but I'm assuming that it's similar to the OEM LED taillights.

Does anyone know what the draw amp on the reverse circuit/taillight circuit so I can see if this is feasible?

Thank you

Singleshot
Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Worst case you tap it and use that as a signal wire for a relay wired to the slimlines.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or you can get the reverse light tap harness from StickerFab and wire up the extra lights to that, not mess with the factory wiring with taps/splices.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is highly unlikely those LEDs are drawing that much power. However I'd use a relay. Also it may be handier to have them on their own switch.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Singleshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I appreciate the responses. I had a brain fart and forgot I had the 7-pin harness, which I will never use...

So I just tapped into the center wire (backup lights) and wired them that way. It was literally right there... I didn't want it switched, as I'm too lazy and forgetful to put it in reverse and then hit one of the aux switches just to back up.

It's done.. Bumper installed, lights work (but hard to adjust) and the wife is happy.

Thanks again for the responses.

Singleshot

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I plan to use the Stage Series C1R 7-pin Dual-Output Trailer Wiring Harness from Diode Dynamics for a set of KC Hilites C2 Backup system - was told no need for relay on them since 3.3 amp draw. Just not sure how it will potentially wash out rear camera - so may wind up switching to Aux switch if that becomes an issue.
Sponsored