First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco OB SAS V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm a little impatient and most of the way thru my rear bumper replacement with flush mount pod lights. Is it possible to tap into the reverse light hot either in the bumper harness or tail light area? I don't mind running 20awg and putting a tap onto something.

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NickOhio

NickOhio

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco OB SAS V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait, I have a factory tow kit, can I tap into pins 1 for ground and 7 for reverse? Right there, split them to each pod.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm a little impatient and most of the way thru my rear bumper replacement with flush mount pod lights. Is it possible to tap into the reverse light hot either in the bumper harness or tail light area? I don't mind running 20awg and putting a tap onto something.

Thanks.
Just use our pigtail. It'll give you a 2-pin WP power connector that you can use to connect to your lights harness

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crystalux-wp-2-pin-in-line-bronco-tail-light-harness-2021-ford-bronco/

Connects in-line with the factory tail light connector. Pretty easy. We also sell additional harnesses you could use depending on the connectors your lights use

Ford Bronco Tap into reverse lights without harness 1697140704132

WP 2-Pin (found on Baja Designs): https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crystalux-wp-2-pin-reverse-harness-w-upfitter-control/

DT 2-pin (found on Rigid Industries, some KC Lights, Morimoto, Diode Dynamics, etc...): https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crystalux-dt-2-pin-reverse-harness-w-upfitter-control/

Our harnesses also have another wire you can run to an upfitter in case you want to ALSO turn the lights on from a switch (not required but it's part of the harness)

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes you can, I tapped into my reverse light from the CARGO side of the harness so I didn't have to run wires out of the storage compartment and under the bronco and up the bumper area, let me find the pics.

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here you go!
Ford Bronco Tap into reverse lights without harness IMG_1333

Ford Bronco Tap into reverse lights without harness IMG_1306