First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a new grill that has the three raptor lights and I would like to connect them. I cannot for the life of me find anywhere that talks about T-Tapping into the Bronco's yellow running lights, all I can find are people using the fuse box. I don't want to use the fuse box as the lights will be on all the time which doesn't look OEM and I heard water can get into the fuse box. Does anyone have a step by step video or images that show how to tap into the running lights? Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited:

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Taken from the SEMA install guide book for a 2021. Probably the same through ‘23. Can use park or drl wire as a signal for a relay if needed. If you want the easy way, probably some adapter harness's out there as stated above.
Ford Bronco Tap Into Running Lights New Grill IMG_1230

OP
OP
4LifeBronco

4LifeBronco

Badlands
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Watch this install video for fog lights. They tell you how and where to tap for what you’re trying to do. Different application, but same idea.

Or just buy this. It’s simpler and a better solution. That’s what I did:

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...kers-spv-harness-system-works-w-many-vehicles
Thanks for sending the link over, I'm not seeing a install video though. I'm also confused when looking at that harness as all my grill lights have are a red and black wire so I don't know how I would connect to that harness. Appreciate the help.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sending the link over, I'm not seeing a install video though. I'm also confused when looking at that harness as all my grill lights have are a red and black wire so I don't know how I would connect to that harness. Appreciate the help.
Your red wires would all wire together, then go into the open single connector on that harness.
Black wires all together and to a common ground anywhere an existing bolt goes into metal, or one of the handy existing ground connections underhood, or even direct to the negative battery terminal.

From the sound of it you may want to tap into an aux-hot on the fuse box side of things, meaning they are on when the ignition is on (like your daytime lamps and such are already).

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry, got distracted and forgot to paste the link to the video I mentioned. Here it is:

As for the harness option, the red wires for your grill lights will need to be bundled together and all tied to the end of that harness. That's the power circuit. Then all the black wires for your grill lights need to be bundled together and tied to a vehicle ground screw or terminal. That's your ground circuit.

With either of these options, your grill lights would only run when your headlights or parking lamps are on (so basically automatically at night). They would not be "always on" and running during the day along with your DRLs.
Sponsored