First Name
Ken Ball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
i wish to add lights to my steps/running boards and want them to come on when the doors are opened, looking for info on which wire set/fuse connnetion to tap into, tks
Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I hadn't thought about this concept until you just mentioned it. It would be cool if you could have your rock lights come on as well. Light up the whole night. If you could tap into the power signal for the puddle lights, that would be neat.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i wish to add lights to my steps/running boards and want them to come on when the doors are opened, looking for info on which wire set/fuse connnetion to tap into, tks
I think @Dom has the right idea. Even if your Bronco doesn't have puddle lights, this thread tells how to add the functionality:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...mid-package-bd-side-mirrors-video-added.44411

I know that's a lot of fiddling for some folks but it looks like the interior lighting signals are digital (LIN) so unless you physically tap into the light "socket" itself then just splicing to that wiring isn't going to work. If it's low current (LED) then it'd probably be OK to tap into the door ajar switch wire which provides a ground to the Body Control Module and Driver Door Module to let them know the door is open. I'm not sure if it's grounded when the door is open or closed so you'd need to probe it first to see. If it's grounded when the door is open then you can just wire your lights to a fuse and use the door ajar tap as your ground. If it's grounded when the door is closed then it gets a little more involved.
Sponsored