Sponsored

TAXES WRITE OFF: GVWR needs to be 6,000 LBS!

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would imagine that the minimum 50% business use requirement will exclude nearly every Bronco manufactured from qualifying within this area of the tax code.
You have a weak imagination then.
Sponsored

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's been said elsewhere, but I agree that the details need to be discussed with a tax professional rather than a random forum poster. That being said, I would imagine that the minimum 50% business use requirement will exclude nearly every Bronco manufactured from qualifying within this area of the tax code.
I was a health insurance agent for years and drove an F150 so I could write it off. I did use it over 50% for work due to driving to meet with clients. I could accelerate the depreciation if I needed more of a write off some years. The vehicle needed to be over 4,000 GWV.

BattleBornBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another thing is that as an asset, you have continue to use it for >50% use so it's not a first year kind of thing. Then if you sell it, there might be recapture as income since you wrote off your depreciation as loss. Furthermore, if you say drive for Uber eats for half the year, you are not showing intent to make your business anything more than a side hustle, especially if you make less in your business use of your Bronco than your primary job. I was going to do it, but the hummer deduction is getting pretty tight. For those who have their own business, slap a sticker on it and call it advertising, for wage earners, section 179 is a risky play.

Psybako

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You have a weak imagination then.
I don't, actually. Ford is going to be cranking out tens of thousands of Broncos per year. How many of those do you REALLY expect are going to be legitimately captured under section 179?

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't, actually. Ford is going to be cranking out tens of thousands of Broncos per year. How many of those do you REALLY expect are going to be legitimately captured under section 179?
More than:

All the ones they manufacture
- less nearly every Bronco manufactured.

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let's speculate: I'll say 20-30%.....
Sponsored