First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wanting to see what the other offered. I went down to the automall and drove me a Gladiator. I did not hate it. They are offering employee pricing on 2020s. The rig I drove was a Sport S. Pretty much equivalent to a Big Bend.

IMG_20201020_112230.jpg

Price- $42579
After Employee pricing for 2020 MY -$37315
Out the door with tag xfer $40967

What I liked-
Soft top- 2 forward latches and the roof peals back
Running boards- good to stand on working the top.
Power windows locks etc just like Base Bronco.
Locking seat backs for storage, locking armrest and glove box.
Storage under rear seat.

I did not like the limited interior storage, would prefer a rear cargo area over the bed, heck I already have a truck.

Manual 4wheel drive selection was clunky at best, I could see the wife having engagement issues.

The detent on the automatic sucked, was pretty much non existent, had to watch the indicator to get reverse.

Had a screw in gas cap.

Door add and removal seemed clunky.

Mirrors sucked.

My take away, I could live with the rig but mehh.

I like how the Bronco will have electric 4wd.

I need to find out about the Bronco soft top and if it is as easy to peal back. I now feel no real need for a Hard top I like the ability to just unbutton and button back up. Hard top panel seem too cumbersome for daily use.

I can live without a locker.

They also had a Red 2021Jeep Gladiator Sport was that $38900 with crank windows, framed door, manual locks steelies and soft top. After dealer added tint and bedliner (100% markup on both) out the door $42955
Sponsored

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wanting to see what the other offered. I went down to the automall and drove me a Gladiator. I did not hate it. They are offering employee pricing on 2020s. The rig I drove was a Sport S. Pretty much equivalent to a Big Bend.

Ford Bronco Test drove a 2020 Gladiator IMG_20201020_112230

Price- $42579
After Employee pricing for 2020 MY -$37315
Out the door with tag xfer $40967

What I liked-
Soft top- 2 forward latches and the roof peals back
Running boards- good to stand on working the top.
Power windows locks etc just like Base Bronco.
Locking seat backs for storage, locking armrest and glove box.
Storage under rear seat.

I did not like the limited interior storage, would prefer a rear cargo area over the bed, heck I already have a truck.

Manual 4wheel drive selection was clunky at best, I could see the wife having engagement issues.

The detent on the automatic sucked, was pretty much non existent, had to watch the indicator to get reverse.

Had a screw in gas cap.

Door add and removal seemed clunky.

Mirrors sucked.

My take away, I could live with the rig but mehh.

I like how the Bronco will have electric 4wd.

I need to find out about the Bronco soft top and if it is as easy to peal back. I now feel no real need for a Hard top I like the ability to just unbutton an button back up. Hard top panel seem too cumbersome for daily use.

I can live without a locker.

They also had a Red 2021Jeep Gladiator Sport was that $38900 with crank windows, framed door, manual locks steelies and soft top. After dealer added tint and bedliner (100% markup on both) out the door $42955
they have the full soft top for the 4 door, so you can just do the front if you want....or for the hard top there is the front row soft top so it just covers the front row and you can fold that back but still have the hard top on the rest of the vehicle.

Hard Learner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150 XL Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never will understand Jeep, $40,000 and you get manual windows. Not sure if it is still a thing but years back they didn't have A/C in the Jeep, but dealer was like hey we can install a dash mounted fan for you!

SolarWizard

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Diesel Gladiator // 2 door Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Never will understand Jeep, $40,000 and you get manual windows. Not sure if it is still a thing but years back they didn't have A/C in the Jeep, but dealer was like hey we can install a dash mounted fan for you!
they retain that option because a certain percentage of buyers almost never use the doors.
Sponsored