Inmtns

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I want to tell everyone on this forum thank you for all of the information you shared. I ordered my build on Saturday and I knew a lot more about these than the sales lady.
I got to see cactus gray on a Ranger. It is a cool color light greenish tint in sunlight, light gray with cloud cover. Quite a bit different than what my phone shows in the pics.
I am still confused about which roof I ordered. They asked if I wanted shiney black or flat black. I chose flat black to match the wheel well flares. Is the flat black roof mic? Or is there a flat black option instead of mic.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want to tell everyone on this forum thank you for all of the information you shared. I ordered my build on Saturday and I knew a lot more about these than the sales lady.
I got to see cactus gray on a Ranger. It is a cool color light greenish tint in sunlight, light gray with cloud cover. Quite a bit different than what my phone shows in the pics.
I am still confused about which roof I ordered. They asked if I wanted shiney black or flat black. I chose flat black to match the wheel well flares. Is the flat black roof mic? Or is there a flat black option instead of mic.
Sounds like you got the MIC roof. And in the really cloudy days CacG is dark and still has a touch of green. Like green mud.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aww OP, glad to hear the forum could contribute helpful information; was a savior for me during my order as well. Good stuff!

The MIC top is what you got. If you don't like it, looks like several more tops will drop next year and maybe even aftermarket.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Aww OP, glad to hear the forum could contribute helpful information; was a savior for me during my order as well. Good stuff!

The MIC top is what you got. If you don't like it, looks like several more tops will drop next year and maybe even aftermarket.
First I've heard about several more tops, please explain?

Sponsored

bronconitis

Badlands
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP: similar to my experience. Just ordered my Badlands today. Had many confusing thoughts about 2dr versus 4dr, 2.3L versus 2.7L, soft top versus MIC. First world problems!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I concur, the collective wisdom on this forum has benefited me as well. I try to pass what I've learned on to the noobs...

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First I've heard about several more tops, please explain?
White top, that aftermarket one from Bestop that converts all the way to the back, the painted top that the OP mentioned. Aftermarket may release a few soft tops as options.

No National Inquirer breaking news, but more than just the 3 we are getting this year with the 2021.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think a lot about what people are doing that put in their reservation and never found this site. If they had a dealer like my original they would be completely lost. I learned so much on here. I found Stephen's on this site. Because Stephen's was so informed it took me less than 10 minutes by phone to put in my order. It was basically the equivalent of, You want fries with that?

I too would like to thank all of you. There are several members I look for to see if they respond to threads. I also appreciate everyone's opinions. It has helped to shape my build.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Inmtns

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Mic top looks pretty much gray on the build and price. The mic top is the same color as the fender flares correct?
Thanks

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Mic top looks pretty much gray on the build and price. The mic top is the same color as the fender flares correct?
Thanks
Over time it has become darker and darker and is rapidly approaching (if it hasn’t already) the same color as as the fenders.

Our people on the inside reported that this was the case and judging by the units at the KOH event, it appears to be accurate.

Now, I can’t say I’m surprised to hear it, but considering the differences I am disheartened to hear that dealers are describing the differences in tops to ordering customers as “the shiny one” and “the flat black one.”

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks
It has gotten darker to match the flares according to some. I hope that they’re right.

Tmagsho

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Over time it has become darker and darker and is rapidly approaching (if it hasn’t already) the same color as as the fenders.

Our people on the inside reported that this was the case and judging by the units at the KOH event, it appears to be accurate.

Now, I can’t say I’m surprised to hear it, but considering the differences I am disheartened to hear that dealers are describing the differences in tops to ordering customers as “the shiny one” and “the flat black one.”
I was looking at the shadow black top and it was looking significantly darker than the door posts and the fender flares. If that’s true I may switch back to MIC top.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jak