First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if this is the right section for this, so MODS move it if its not. I am not sure of the issue , so not sure where this fits on the forum.

During speeds below 25 mph when going over washboard type bumps, there is a thump/thud in the floor board that sounds like its on the passenger side front. it is almost a hollow sounding thud.

I have aftermarket lift/coil overs, tie rods, axles and skid plates. I have gone thru all the suspension components and everything is tight, I even had 4 wheel parts go thru it 2 times on their rack - cant find any thing loose that is aftermarket.

They did not notice some play in the differential on the passenger side at the rubber bushing - took it to Ford and they said that play is normal. So I guess I am at a loss on what this noise could be. I have seen some other threads on this forum describing a similar issue, some haven't posted a resolution or they has something loose within the suspension and it was corrected.

Anyone have an idea where to look next? Is there anything on the firewall that could be loose?
Sponsored

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sure sounds like something loose in the suspension
system.

The only other thing I can imagine is a tire thumping over bumps. Some tires can be pretty loud over bumps.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not sure if this is the right section for this, so MODS move it if its not. I am not sure of the issue , so not sure where this fits on the forum.

During speeds below 25 mph when going over washboard type bumps, there is a thump/thud in the floor board that sounds like its on the passenger side front. it is almost a hollow sounding thud.

I have aftermarket lift/coil overs, tie rods, axles and skid plates. I have gone thru all the suspension components and everything is tight, I even had 4 wheel parts go thru it 2 times on their rack - cant find any thing loose that is aftermarket.

They did not notice some play in the differential on the passenger side at the rubber bushing - took it to Ford and they said that play is normal. So I guess I am at a loss on what this noise could be. I have seen some other threads on this forum describing a similar issue, some haven't posted a resolution or they has something loose within the suspension and it was corrected.

Anyone have an idea where to look next? Is there anything on the firewall that could be loose?
Hey, Shawn! I can take a closer look into your side passenger noise concerns if you'd like. Can you send us a PM with your VIN and the dealership name/location? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".
Sponsored