Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco6g has a broad range of members:
  • Bronco enthusiasts that just love a new off-roader as an alternative to the Jeep Wrangler or the Toyota 4Runner.
  • Long time Ford buyers that bleed Ford blue, that love whatever Ford produces and have to own one.
  • Non brand loyal buyers that find the Bronco an intriguing vehicle to buy and own, regardless if they are driving to the mall, soccer practice or off-road.
  • An eclectic mix of Porsche, BMW and Land Rover owners who actually want to step down to Ford because the like the bespoke styling of the Bronco.
ns.
S

Here is to a bright and healthy 2021, Happy New Year! ??
You forgot about all the whiny bitches!
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There have been many great points made by many forum members, each member should feel free to voice their opinion and not be ridiculed or criticized by those that feel they must be the Ford gatekeepers or apologists.

All of the following are rough estimates, they may not be exact, but they get the point across:
  • 200,000 Reservations, give or take, depending on the article you read.
  • 25% Initial fallout due to loss of interest, change of financial situation, etc. (my guesstimate)
Can we do this in a respectful way, realizing everyone's needs and perceptions are different? Understand, just because someone does not see things the same as you does not make their contributions to the forum any less valuable.

Here is to a bright and healthy 2021, Happy New Year! ??
Note; heavily modified your statements above to touch on specific points

• Based on how Ranger pre-orders went and observing those forums and comparing to Bronco, the actual drop-out rate for Bronco will probably end up closer to 40%
    • Vehicle cost is a factor. Super easy to plop down $100 and roll the dice
    • Mental self image of yourself in a specific vehicle differs from the reality of availability or your pocket book
    • Outside factors such as need of transportation
    • This is still going to take up 100% of MY21 Broncos, even with tops being late-availability
  • I shall quote an editor for TTAC regarding an editorial article Jack Baruth once wrote (I believe it was an article about how to achieve the maximum possible speed on public roads for each vehicle class, which is quite illegal to drive at those speeds)
    • "I decided to publish Jack’s editorials because I think they raise important questions worthy of closer examination and spirited debate. And so they have. To my mind, that’s a good thing, not a bad thing. Commentators who believe that I should have excluded Jack’s opinions undervalue their own contribution."
      • And there is the crux of every forum. While we all have opinions (good or bad, positive or negative), in some aspect contributions are contributions and they make the forum a place for spirited debate, education, conversation and friendship.
      • However, if your verve, etiquette, tact, or colloquialism is deeply flawed, then your not really contributing. To contribute you need to make a point, communicate that point and not simply be a brick wall of blind negativity (or positivity!)

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

• However, if your verve, etiquette, tact, or colloquialism is deeply flawed, then your not really contributing. To contribute you need to make a point, communicate that point and not simply be a brick wall of blind negativity (or positivity!)
Good post! But I'm going to have to get the Websters out for a couple of them words.:unsure:

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am that odd buyer that had taken to off-road in my 20s, but rarely leave the pavement now. I've been there done that, usually in the middle of the night somewhere I am not supposed to be, without a winch or a chain to save the day, running over trees by accident...

i fully plan on doing the Off-Rodeo event in Vermont, and maybe turning that into an annual thing if I can make some friends there. When I had my wrangler, this was also the plan, but i never got around to finding local legal trails.

I would say this is my mid-life crisis, but I bought a Wrangler in early 2017, and traded it in on a challenger in late 2018. I guess you can never really know when you are going to die, so i decided to have a continuous mid-life crisis.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well written, thank you.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This rollout has been horrible.

We need true pricing.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great post.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

• Based on how Ranger pre-orders went and observing those forums and comparing to Bronco, the actual drop-out rate for Bronco will probably end up closer to 40%
My 25% number was just the loss of reservations up until this point. Going forward, moving through ordering and toward the final count, I think Ford will be lucky to end up with 40% to 50% order conversions from the original total 100%.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My 25% number was just the loss of reservations up until this point. Going forward, moving through ordering and toward the final count, I think Ford will be lucky to end up with 40% to 50% order conversions from the original total 100%.
There is no way Ford planned for anything over 65-70% conversion rate. This is their business, they have at least a feeling for how this will go from start to finish.

Dealerships absolutely should be requiring a $1,000 deposit AT MINIMUM to hold an allocation, especially as Ford has not-so-subtly hinted that dealership-hate for those who aren't converting orders will be direct and substantial. Ford can't have even 5% of produced Broncos circumventing the reservation process and selling off the lot to a walk-in with those extra $10,000 on the hood in ADM. It would massively impact customer service and reputation.

FWIW, we had to put a $1,000 deposit down for our pre-order Ranger, and that was just to use one of their allocations, there wasn't even a back-log of orders as there will be with Bronco!

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great post OP.

Bronco6g has an obvious influence on the development of things, to the point where it is referenced in articles or posts explaining changes or improvements being made. Even if the representation of the total reservation base is 10%, that is still a very good sample size worthy of representation. Considering that, someone in charge [reputable] of bronco6g should have some direct line of communication to someone on the Ford team, like they do over at Bronco Nation. It only makes sense that bronco6g should be allowed a Q&A or review of some sort.
Sponsored