First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On July 22nd I reached 25 years of service with Ford Motor Company. This year also marks 25 years since the last Bronco rolled off the assembly line. Also on July 22nd my new Bronco was built(then parked at the Sandlot).

I wish I didn't love what Ford has done with this re-release of the beloved Bronco. I wish I didn't drool every time I look at my Bronco build. I absolutely love the design, I love that I can get it straight from the factory with the Sasquatch package. I love the throwback Cactus Gray color that I chose, I love showing family and friends what is, was, soon to be my new truck parked in my driveway. I also love working for such a great company. I'm part of the Ford family and my family is Ford.

I hate that they got our attention and then let everyone down. I hate that I was checking the Ford vehicle tracker, https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#, 10 times a day. I hate that I was checking the convoy shipping status, palsapp.com, 10 times a day. I hate that I have actual access to the internal Ford tracking system and that I was checking that 10 times a day. Finally, I hate that the company I work for could not, at minimum, communicate earlier with the hard working people, such as myself, and you, to let us know what was happening with our $50,000, give or take, Bronco orders. I'm so disappointed in the events that have taken place, I actually feel ashamed at times because this is my employer. We know shit happens, and when shit happens on such a grand scale it's out there for everyone to see. You begin to feel hopeless and helpless.

Yes, our Broncos are coming, but man, it's been such a shit show, so many ups and downs. Is this really what happens within a multi-billion dollar company? Did anyone notice the crap tops months ago? Did anybody test the process in which the tops are made and the amount of heat and moisture they may eventually be exposed too? Ever heard of research and development? Well sure, but did they give it enough time? I'm assuming, scratch that, I'm almost certain, that slowly, over the last several months, something began to change within the manufacturing process of these MIC tops. So yes, it can all be explained away and someone will eventually take the fall, or not. As for me, I still cannot wait to get my Bronco.....!
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is that corporate was antsy to get the Broncos off the production line so they could make customers, shareholders, and their revenue stream happy. Can’t forget about the bonuses the higher ups get if they meet a certain sales target also. Due to this, they went around proper quality control checks that would have taken more time. Now it’s biting them in the ass and will cost even more money than originally predicted. Quantity over quality is how it really works in the manufacturing world sadly.