Sponsored

There is exterior paint on my Bronco emblem. How is that possible?

LA6G

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It doesn’t bother me … I’m more curious about how it happened. I’m picturing a confused robot or an overworked human. It starts on the tail and then sort of dribbles down the back of the horse’s ass.

Ford Bronco There is exterior paint on my Bronco emblem. How is that possible? 758394BF-F371-4948-A23C-C96CA8CB9469
Sponsored

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, if that emblem was on the tailgate when the tail gate was painted, someone did one hell of a tape job with one minor exception.

And I'm clueless.

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The edges of the emblem look a bit weird to me. Maybe it’s just the camera angle, but there seems to be a defect right under the black circle you made. I would inspect the edges closer. Sometimes the emblems will just be masked of to repaint instead of removed and re-applied after paint

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, tailgate respray at some point after initial paint and assembly.
Whoever did it left that section exposed.
My concern would be the attention to detail and prep.
If they did not take the time to R&I (remove and install) a simple emblem, how much pride did they take in making sure it was prepped/cleaned correctly?
That is proper painting technique rule #1 in doing quality work. Remove everything you can to avoid taping off stuff.

I guess the job overall turned out good enough, as if this is what caught your eye, the paint must match pretty well and look good overall.
I'd try some compound on it for a bit. If it doesn't start to come off I'd take it back to the dealer and express my disgust, ask some questions.

OP
OP
LA6G

LA6G

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the replies! I’ll visit the dealer in the morning. Whoever did the respray did a nice job. Maybe leaving paint on the emblem is how he signs his work.
Sponsored