Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While I was signing the paperwork, my salesman had the guys drive it up front from the detail bay. By the time I had walked out there were already two members of the *shudders* general public poking at it (yes they were physically touching it, despite the bright yellow sold tag in the window).

I've owned it for, oh, 46 hours, and it's been in the garage for about 38 of them.

I have no interest in people touching it, parking too close to it, asking about it, etc.

Can't wait for them to be common place. Meanwhile I'm hoping most people just think it's a Wrangler and ignore me.

Last edited:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like a group of city workers trying to figure out how to move it and get to the water line.
Almost,except no one is leaning on a shovel, while two flag gets are casually holding up traffic.

Uintafly

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can confirm. I took my race red Badlands to the football tailgate lot on Saturday. What a nightmare getting out of there. Everyone wanted to talk and ask questions. The weirdest though was an older lady (maybe 60 or so), who walked up and said BRONCO and softly caressed it like it was a saint. It was super creepy and my 10 year looked at me and said, "What is wrong with this lady?".

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a Wrangler beep at me at a stop light and yell out he loved it. I got out of her to go into a store and some lady was taking a pic of it, with me stepping out, haha.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agreed! Now, it's only a picture and maybe that occurred before/after. I started a poll a few days ago on this very topic - If people keep a respectable distance and aren't peering inside the vehicle like they're looking to break in, fill your boots. But don't be disrespectful to peoples property.

You'd never go to someones house and peer in the windows, would you?
And yet that very thing happened to me in my home in Arrowbear (San Bernadino mtns) AND my front door is 112 feet from the roadway! They walked up and were playing in the snow taking photos, climbing on a very large boulder in front of my deck and up on my deck hanging out and taking pictures and I unknowingly walk out of my shower... naked when I see grandma peering in my front window, hand covering her eyes so she can better see in looking right at me! Three generations of the family and not one of them thought that was bad?

They only walked past TWO no trespassing signs and squeezed through a small space on uneven ice to get by my truck, and yet the whole family was up there playing in the snow, taking photos climbing on things, broke some solar lights and grandma is being a peeping Tom!

And yet, respect my truck and (if I have time) asks all the questions you want, just be respectful.

My old 2nd gen MR2, because it was unmolested and stock use to gather some attention here and there, and my Triumph is pretty rare and I get questions some of the time, it's cool.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh crap, I forgot about gas stations where I can't get away. And these things will always be at the gas station.
Just think about it this way, with sooo many eyes on it, it makes it harder for someone to steal it or anything, I mean there would be a lot of witnesses, some even with their cell phones out.

OP
OP
DarthTod

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Next time you should remote start it, just to see what the reaction would be lol.
That thought definitely crossed my mind.

OP
OP
DarthTod

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do you have pics on your phone up close? I'm waiting on my 2-door FE in Cactus Gray. Would like to see what it actually looks like.
It’s actually Area 51, the sun wasn’t up yet, and that’s on a security monitor.

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on talking to people, answering questions, let them take pictures. Hell, I'll even open the door and let them look inside and if you're real nice I might even take you for a ride. Just to counteract some of you curmudgeony old farts!

Last edited:

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My highly modified Explorer gets many gawkers.

You sort of get used to people taking a look every time when stopping for fuel, slowing when passing you on the highway and taking photos/videos, looking when stopped at intersections, asking about your vehicle when you are getting in and out.

Then one day you drive another vehicle and are shocked don't give you a second look and promptly cut you off.

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
This comes out as kinda creeper vibes.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I was signing the paperwork, my salesman had the guys drive it up front from the detail bay. By the time I had walked out there were already two members of the *shudders* general public poking at it (yes they were physically touching it, despite the bright yellow sold tag in the window).

I've owned it for, oh, 46 hours, and it's been in the garage for about 38 of them.

I have no interest in people touching it, parking too close to it, asking about it, etc.

Can't wait for them to be common place. Meanwhile I'm hoping most people just think it's a Wrangler and ignore me.
You bought the wrong vehicle at the wrong time if you don't want the attention.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nicely done, Tod. It's also nice to see people keeping a respectable distance and not peering in or kicking the tire.
The photo doesnt show me laying on the ground on the otherside planning suspension mods.
Sponsored