Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had my Siberian Husky since she was 5 weeks old. Having lived in Florida all her life (she is almost 11 years old), she has never seen snow. However, with the arrival of my Bronco and the Christmas holidays, all that changed. I'm terrible at editing, but I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Updated with photos and some equipment info:

I've got a few questions for you when you have the time- In your photos 1) What roof top carrier do you have?, 2) What tent/tarp are you using? 3) what floor mats are you using? 4) how do you keep the tarp secured to the bronco without flying off? thank you!
Hi,

My roof top bag cost me $13 on Amazon around Black Friday! I absolutely love it. It kept everything dry and has the lowest profile of all these available soft bags at only 13 inches I believe. Perfect for camping gear. Here is the link.

My tent is a Napier Backroadz SUV tent. There are a couple of different versions online. The tent has a few elastic straps that connect to various points on the car to keep it secure. These suction cups also help a lot.

The tarp under the tent is a standard 10x10 Walmart tarp. The tent also came with a rain fly.

My car floor mats are TuxMats. You can find them here.

Ford Bronco THIS is why I got a Bronco 🐾 ❄️ IMG_4560

Ford Bronco THIS is why I got a Bronco 🐾 ❄️ IMG_2910

Ford Bronco THIS is why I got a Bronco 🐾 ❄️ IMG_2921

Ford Bronco THIS is why I got a Bronco 🐾 ❄️ IMG_4414

Ford Bronco THIS is why I got a Bronco 🐾 ❄️ 69333346174__5F56F7B0-7EE9-46FA-8614-AF942430EBC0
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love it! Great work, thanks for sharing- Your buddy loves you, and you love your buddy! Love the smiles from both you her!
Thank you so much! The part that I was crying in the corner as I watched her take her first steps into the snow did not make it to the video lol

Cwill79

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like a great trip. Happy for you and your dog.

How do you like that tent? I've thought about getting one, but wasn't sure how much room the swing gate would take up in there. Looks like you have plenty of room tho.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is too sweet; really makes me want to get out there with my dog

thanks for sharing your story!

Sponsored
OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like a great trip. Happy for you and your dog.

How do you like that tent? I've thought about getting one, but wasn't sure how much room the swing gate would take up in there. Looks like you have plenty of room tho.
Thank you.

There are 2 major issues when you combine that tent with the Bronco.

1) The rear of the car needs to be elevated by at least 4-5 inches to stop water from coming into the tent. I put my running boards under the rear tires after it started raining and that helped a little, but I needed more. For our next trip, I cut a couple of pieces of 2x8 to gain a couple more inches on top of the traction boards.

2) The tent only has one door, and it happens to be where the tailgate is. Instead of centering the tent around the car, I pulled it more toward the tailgate. That way, I could open the tent door, get in and stand between the tailgate and tent door, close the tent door, then maneuver around the tailgate to get in the middle! It's not ideal, but it was the easiest way to manage.

And here are a few minor tips:

1) If you are planning to use the back seat like I had my dog in there, you need some sort of suction cup to tie the tent to. If you don't use the back doors, it can be tied to the door handles. If you do use it, I got these off Amazon:

Ford Bronco THIS is why I got a Bronco 🐾 ❄️ 71eGWQUy6JL._AC_SL1500_

2) If you don't have a roof rack, get some bungee cords and a few of these to attach to the front of the car and secure to the tent.

Ford Bronco THIS is why I got a Bronco 🐾 ❄️ 91dpiYvgFiL._AC_SL1500_

3) And lastly, to stop water from coming in during the storm, jammed a towel between the tailgate and the car.

My mistake was not doing any of this when I initially set up. By the time I made the little changes, there was already water in my tent. Live and learn!

I hope this helps.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My friend in Maine had a husky and she was so damn happy outside in the snow. It was fun to watch.

My mom's poodles meanwhile, we had to shovel out paths with multiple poop and pee stops in the backyard, but their ground clearance isn't really off-road capable so you can't judge.

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great story and video.
Dogs are the best!

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

awesome post - thanks for sharing! the dog is beautiful, can't imagine life without pups

Sponsored

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where did you get the dog steps from? I have I 80+ pound collie I like to get into my Bronco

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dig it!

I live in a northern climate so we get snow and ice every year. But I’ll always regret not having the camera rolling the first year my Pug was introduced to ice.

I have a pretty steep driveway and it tends to get pretty icy in the winter. Being less than a year old at the time she was like any puppy - only two speeds: Sleeping. And running.

First time she ran full speed out the garage and hit that icy driveway was priceless. Slipped and slid on her butt the whole way down and did about two 360’s. Never forget the look on her face. You think Pugs have bulging eyes normally? :D :D :D

Anyways - thanks for sharing. Loved the video!

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great story, and thanks for selecting some nice music. My golden and I took a trip last fall to Idaho & Montana. Like yours it was a grea trip.