Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are they from Ford performance with covers?
No, the ford performance versions don't have the backlight because they wanted them to be street legal. The part number for the ford performance with "ford performance" covers is M-15200K-BML. You can google it to see them and how much various vendors are charging for them.
Sponsored

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gonna ask the dumb question... As I'm looking at pod lights, I want ones that are backlit because...?

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looking at picking up a pair of lights for the A Pillar mounts (same mirror mount area as the Ford Acc light). I wanted to buy them directly from Rigid or some other high quality manufacture since I already own a pair of these cubed style off-road lights for another vehicle and know they are made to last (bad experience with cheaper brands). Lot more to chose from directly from manufacturer too!

It's been awhile since I was in the market and thought these backlit versions with either blue (pictured), amber, red, or white would make them unique. It sounds like you can have a separate switch to turn backlit LEDs on vs the standard white driving style function. I don't think I would drive with the backlit on all the time but it would be a nice option to have. Just trying to decide on what color would look best with cyber orange exterior paint. Was leaning toward red but now thinking blue would be a nice contrast (red maybe to radical). Amber would closely match the parking lights, which could be a good or bad thing, depending on what one was after. For me, I would want them different. Anybody else been contemplating these? Or are these things considered just obnoxious! :ROFLMAO:. Seriously, I can see driving with the back lights on the road would be annoying to some, which is why I would have them switched on by a switch in overhead console.

Also thinking the round 360 Rigid model would look good up on the A pillar mount vs the cube style since the Bronco has round headlights.

1635614166213.png

https://www.rigidlightshop.com/p-34...eam-blue-backlight-pair-rigid-industries.aspx

I went with the Baja Designs XL80 on my truck because I wanted a ton of light:
Ford Bronco Thoughts of Rigid Off-Road Lights with Colored LED Backlights Bronco 8 (Small)

However the 360-series are very popular also (my guess is because Ford sells them and folks get familiar with them). If you buy them direct from Ford, they cut the back-light wire off so they can be legal. Instead of buying direct from FordRigid, buy from us. We have them in stock and ship right away and you don't lose the back light function

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-auxiliary-lights/rigid-industries/360-series/

For pillar lights you are going to want a driving or spot pattern. The SAE patterns really for fog use, as ANY PILLAR light is ILLEGAL to use on public roads due to the height of the light and the light it puts out (so not really sure why ford cuts off the back light wire since they are for off-road use anyway up there, go figure, they also include covers so maybe that's why they get around that legality loophole)

Also, go with amber back lighting. It's the most "illegal" color out of the bunch. Forward facing red lights are always illegal, as are blue lights. Amber however is a color used commonly so you would get in the least amount of truck. I personally am not a fan of back lighting but I know a lot of folks are, and amber is the most popular.
Sponsored