First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Greetings All! - I just finished installing the Ford Performance (Rigid 360) Mirror-Mounted Off Road Lights (Ford Part No. M-15200K-BML). Overall, I am very impressed with the quality and the illumination from the LED lights is bright AF! :giggle:

A few observations and installation tips:

1. Ford provides shiny chrome hex head bolts for mounting lighting brackets which seems odd. I have an Iconic Silver "Black Diamond" Bronco and all of the trim is blacked out. The chrome bolts bugged me enough that I installed some black cap screw bolts instead. You would think that Ford could have provided the fancy black Torx-Plus bolts with BRONCO on the head to match the rest of the bolts on the vehicle. I did not try reusing the factory provided Torx-Plus bolts because they seemed too short to use with the bracket. You should be able to get some longer Torx-Plus bolts from Ford, but they probably cost $5.00 a piece.

2. The slot in the lighting bracket is much wider than the "M6" metric mounting bolt. Even with a wide flange bolt head, it seems to be a sloppy fit with the bolt head just catching the edges of the bracket. No washers were provided in my lighting kit either. I obtained some black metric washers to avoid scraping the black powder coat on the bracket. I also modified two regular washers by grinding the sides flat so that the washers fit within the bracket slot. Two stacked washers are about the same thickness as the bracket and worked well to center the blot within the slot.

3. The mounting hole on the Bronco Mirror is recessed and seems to be a collection point for water and eventually corrosion. I taped off the bracket and filled the slot with black silicone sealant to prevent water from collecting below the bracket. I also used some electrical, self-bonding, silicone repair tape underneath the bracket to protect the Bronco mirror surface. This also will help to keep the bracket from rotating since there is only one mounting bolt.

4. You need to go on line to find the Ford installation instruction sheet. Be sure to connect to the Violet wire with a Green tracer line. Do not connect to the Violet wire with a Grey tracer wire (like I did) or the lights will not work. The Violet wire with Green tracer is the switched power circuit controlled by the AUX-3 switch.

5. Routing the power wiring through the door jamb and behind the hood hinges is a bit of a challenge. I used as electrical steel "fish tape" and it worked well. A coat hanger wire would work also. I crimped on the wiring and heat-shrinked the connections prior to pulling the wiring through the door jamb just so I could have a longer pull wire.

6. The loop crimp connectors for the ground terminations provided with the kit are the wrong size. The diameter of the hole is much larger that the grounding bolts you need to connect to. I used the correct size from the local home improvement store.

Overall, I am very impressed with the quality and performance of the Rigid LED lights themselves. They perform extremely well and just look really cool on our Bronco. Just be forewarned that the mounting hardware provided with this lighting kit is subpar and you will need to improvise a bit to get professional results. For the $350.00 price of the kit, I expected an engineered mounting system and attention to detail to the hardware and electrical connectors.

Good Luck!
Sponsored

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've heard nothing but complaints about the "Ford Performance" Rigid kit. They DID change the brackets on this kit but it's nothing more then the Radiance 360-series BUT they cut the back-light control wire off. So you're spending that money on a kit that has no back-light. The complaints we heard were just that, no back-lighting (which is part of the light, but Ford doesn't allow it due to legality reasons)

Better off to buy the lights yourself. You don't get the "Ford" covers, but you save a lot of money and gain back light control

You want the 4" ones: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-auxiliary-lights/rigid-industries/360-series/

Or you can grab one of our other pillar kits here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

I've also heard the hardware the "Ford" kit uses, isn't stainless steel and/or they don't give you washers in the kit for the installation.
I know I sound like a noob... but what is the purpose of the backlighting? I see all the choices of backlighting on that link (amber, blue, yellow) but does this mean the beam of light is going to be that particular color? Anyone? And is the 4inch Rigid lights the ones that will fit the Bronco? Thanks!

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know I sound like a noob... but what is the purpose of the backlighting? I see all the choices of backlighting on that link (amber, blue, yellow) but does this mean the beam of light is going to be that particular color? Anyone? And is the 4inch Rigid lights the ones that will fit the Bronco? Thanks!
Depends on the use case.

I use backlighting for plow flashers/emergency lighting.

Some people use amber backlighting as turn signals in the rear, or red for extra brake lights. Blue is supposedly a chase light color for racing trucks, but that part of the visible spectrum is awful for the eye to pick up, so there are better choices.

Others just use backlighting for looks.

Someone pull the board on the Rigid/Ford lights and see if the backlighting circuit is still present. I'll bet it is and there's just no wire soldered to it.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ehh mainly for looks. People like it because of how the Raptor amber lights looked. So many Raptor owners started putting amber back-lit lights on their trucks. I'm personally NOT a fan, but some folks just like that back-lit look.

Here is an example of some Rigid Radiance back-lit fogs (the radiance lights don't throw out much light at all so folks get them for looks). But it's just one of those things where it's for the "look", the real reason you buy the lights is the output of the forward light.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance RIGID® 360-Series 4 Inch LED Off-Road Lights Rigid 360

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I installed the performance set tonight and noticed the white wire still there. Was tempted to hook it up and see, but decided I was good without it. Still it would be cool to know. If anyone has tried please chime in!

Sponsored
OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed the performance set tonight and noticed the white wire still there. Was tempted to hook it up and see, but decided I was good without it. Still it would be cool to know. If anyone has tried please chime in!
Yeah, I believe someone tried and it didn't work. Are you planning on using the covers?

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, I believe someone tried and it didn't work. Are you planning on using the covers?
I wont have them on as a daily, but will use them for long distance interstate driving when that happens.

Badassbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What type of light pattern are these? Are they more of a spot or flood?
Sponsored