Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How should this be done? So there are not so many splices?
By no means do I consider myself a professional, but it shouldn't be too difficult to keep things organized and tidy. I also prefer to use a terminal bus so that connections are easy to make & change if needed.

Ford Bronco Ditch Lights, Fog Lights Flickering. Rigid 360 Lights / PICS ADED IMG_8523

@4x4TruckLEDs.com offered some good some good advise as to diagnosing the issue. I can also attest to the quality harnesses they provide with their kits (you can see the one I got from them for my fog lights in the photo above).
Sponsored

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As it says, my ditch lights which are on switch 3,4 my fog lights on switch 6, and now my light bar switch 2, have stopped working. The light lights up inside for the number, but the ditch lights 3,4 just flicker. The Lightbar stopped working this morning, but I see that the fuse blew. The fuses for the other lights are ok.

I am not good with electrical wiring, I mounted the lights and Ford tech at the dealer did the wiring. Unfortunately, the guy who did has moved on, and the other techs there are clueless or seem they know about as much as I do, which is not a good thing. So I am reaching out here to see if anyone can help point me in a direction to look at or to give this information to someone who would know how to track it down.

Ford Bronco Ditch Lights, Fog Lights Flickering. Rigid 360 Lights / PICS ADED IMG_8523

Sounds like a bad ground.

OP
OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I took apart the big ground that had 4 connectors to it and moved one to the closet other ground.

Result, now my fog lights(amber) in the bumper flicker faster and brighter. No change in the other lights. I did pull on the connectors they all seem solid. I guess I need to next disconnect each on and only use one ground in place.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don't have one already, get a multimeter. You should check the voltage supply to see if the vehicle supply is fluctuating/low, or something on the LED boards are causing the flickering. You can also check continuity/resistance to diagnose shorts, but that's a bit more involved, knowledge-wise.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just hate seeing 2 or more wires crammed into one crimped end on connector - they aren't really made to do that. Regardless of how much heat shrink you put on it, a crimp is really only meant for 1 wire of the appropriate size.

There are plenty of other electrical devices when you need to connect more than 2 wires, rather than trying to cram them all into a butt splice end.

Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looking at the wiring connections and splices I highly suspect a bad termination/crimp in addition to bad ground(s). I am a bit surprised that a Ford dealership wired up your gear in the manner illustrated in the photos - not very professional or reliable looking.

There’s lots of good advice already for others however, a multimeter is your friend - get a decent one (Fluke) and start tracing out wires to identify the location and source of the fault(s). You should be able to correct it fairly quickly but if not a decent car stereo place or shop that specializes in automotive wiring can assist.

Good luck!👍🏼

OP
OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So Update:
Their Fixed! I want to thank everyone for the good advice and troubleshooting. As many of you said, it was bad grounds AND wiring. Some of the wire used was thin and cheap. All of the grounds were thin cheap wire that had burnt, corroded, all types of things. Removed a ground and it literally fell apart when it was laid down.

So all of that was replaced, light moved around on switches and now I have proper working lights. Lol some of my lights are doing things I did not know they could do. I suspected it, but I had never seen it till today. So yeah from now on, look a little closer on not what but HOW things are done. I learned some things today, so that will go a long way as well. New pic!

Ford Bronco Ditch Lights, Fog Lights Flickering. Rigid 360 Lights / PICS ADED 1705708670609

Had no ideal my 40 inch could change colours on the backlit. The two new lights Rigid sent me were backlit white, the inners were always Amber. I found out my old outer were Amber. No matter, I like it like this and a shout out to Rigid for great customer service (One of my outers had water in it). Just the pic with the backlights on. The white is BRIGHT! So I did this.

All is right now :) Thanks again for the help.
Sponsored