Sponsored

Marker lights & Rigid 360 amber backlight as DRL?

1987DangerRanger

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 Sport - 21 Bronco Sport - 85 Parisienne
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking for advice on wiring - Black Diamond no signature lighting

Basically what I want to achieve is an always on feature for the parking lights (or at least front marker lights) and amber backlighting in the Rigid 6" 360 series lights that I'm going to mount on the bumper. I do not like the look of the DRL headlamps on the trim level I have so it's currently disabled, but I do like the factory amber markers. It looks like worst case I could just tie the Rigid backlights into the parking lights and turn them on manually, but if they came on automatically as DRL (and the backlights still worked when the actual headlights were on) that would be Ideal.

As far as my skill level I'm not an electrical expert but I kind of get it. I've changed outlets and light fixtures and never got electrocuted, also put the Ford Performance 4" 360 lights on the cowls and the truck hasn't caught fire.
Sponsored

Debc

Base
First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TAcoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was able to turn marker lights on with drl but not able to turn lights off as drl . So all my lights are on at all times now . I am ok with that as it looks silly with just head lamps on . Used forscan

NC Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2022 Obx Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have you looked at this yet? Plug and play harness from SPV that hooks directly into headlight and the backlight feature works whenever marker lights are on. I just recently installed this with my Rigid lights and I am very happy how it turned out! I will be taking some pics this week to post. John with SPV is very helpful if you have any questions.
https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...s-w-many-vehicles?_pos=9&_sid=2e73d015f&_ss=r

OP
OP
1987DangerRanger

1987DangerRanger

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was able to turn marker lights on with drl but not able to turn lights off as drl . So all my lights are on at all times now . I am ok with that as it looks silly with just head lamps on . Used forscan
Ah I didn’t know you could do that! I looked at forscan but most of what I found was related to signature lights.

OP
OP
1987DangerRanger

1987DangerRanger

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you looked at this yet? Plug and play harness from SPV that hooks directly into headlight and the backlight feature works whenever marker lights are on. I just recently installed this with my Rigid lights and I am very happy how it turned out! I will be taking some pics this week to post. John with SPV is very helpful if you have any questions.
https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...s-w-many-vehicles?_pos=9&_sid=2e73d015f&_ss=r
Oh man I think this is exactly what I am looking for! I will have to reach out to John thanks for the heads up!!!

Sponsored

NC Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2022 Obx Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's a link to John's utube channel and there is a few great detailed videos on installs including that marker adapter and installation of rigid fogs and ditch lights.
John is extremely helpful and SPV is a great place to purchase from. He helped me during my install to answer questions I had and he also went out his way on a weekend to call me when I had another question for him. Customer service with SPV is beyond awesome. John is also the owner as well.
Here is a pic on how mine turned out. The amber backlight works directly with marker lights. So when you hit the unlock button on key fob your backlights will come on. I really like how easy the install was with that marker adapter!

https://youtube.com/user/jtrischler

Screenshot_20221017-212433_Gallery.jpg

NC Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2022 Obx Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

NC Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2022 Obx Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

DunawY

Wildtrak
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh man I think this is exactly what I am looking for! I will have to reach out to John thanks for the heads up!!!
I can’t get this link to work. Any suggestions?

DunawY

Wildtrak
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can’t get this link to work at all

NC Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2022 Obx Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Works when I click on it. Maybe just go to Specialtyperformanceparts.com and search for there bronco parts. Pretty easy website to navigate. That part particular is the marker light harness adapter.