Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Custom as far as??? You don't require anything custom...
The rigid pod light has mounting issues with how close the light comes to the antenna. The ford performance version of the rigid pod light doesn’t have this issue because it’s a different custom to bronco mount
Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
KompressorV12

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks all. I went ahead and got everything hooked up and installed. If anyone have any questions reach out.

0C9FDE46-FFFB-43F4-942B-ECF4B42A921B.jpeg
094CA044-06DB-42BB-A243-BE7E9A8A026B.jpeg

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks all. I went ahead and got everything hooked up and installed. If anyone have any questions reach out.

Ford Bronco Rigid 360 pod with backlight 094CA044-06DB-42BB-A243-BE7E9A8A026B
Ford Bronco Rigid 360 pod with backlight 094CA044-06DB-42BB-A243-BE7E9A8A026B
Looks good! Did you have to buy anything outside of the kit (brackets, washers, screws, wires, etc?). If you did, can you post links to everything you bought?

Also, what AUX switches are you using for the main lighting and for the backlighting.

ScoutandBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 International Scout, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi All,

I’m hoping I can get a straight answer as my searches have led me with more questions than answers.

I’m looking to add these rigid 360 with backlight pod lights. It looks like they are lights and mounting hardware only. Can I just buy 16 gauge wire and not the rigid harness? Then I’d just need terminals and connectors right? Is it that simple?

Rigid Industries 36118 360-Series LED Off-Road Light 4 in Drive Beam for Moderate Speed 20-50 MPH Plus Amber Backlight Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YZQF6X4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_AJM1H7YCW11Y3CH0BFVC
I bought the Ford performance Rigid 360s from my dealer. I even got them to match the 10% off $405 price the Ford Accessory website had and used Fordpass points. Mine came with the lights, brackets, wiring, and mounting hardware so pretty complete. It looks like the backlighting wiring is there (white wire), just clipped to not come out of the 12" wire lead. I've heard its for 50 state sales as some states don't allow the backlights.

I got the lights installed but not wired up as I ran out of time. The mounting was easy and the only thing needed was a larger washer to help the bolt from not slipping through the mounting bracket. I'll hopefully get them wired this weekend and I'm planning on running the backlight on a separate factory aux switch.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I bought the Ford performance Rigid 360s from my dealer. I even got them to match the 10% off $405 price the Ford Accessory website had and used Fordpass points. Mine came with the lights, brackets, wiring, and mounting hardware so pretty complete. It looks like the backlighting wiring is there (white wire), just clipped to not come out of the 12" wire lead. I've heard its for 50 state sales as some states don't allow the backlights.

I got the lights installed but not wired up as I ran out of time. The mounting was easy and the only thing needed was a larger washer to help the bolt from not slipping through the mounting bracket. I'll hopefully get them wired this weekend and I'm planning on running the backlight on a separate factory aux switch.
The backlight won’t work don’t waste your time. Even though it’s there it’s not connected to anything internally.

ScoutandBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The backlight won’t work don’t waste your time. Even though it’s there it’s not connected to anything internally.
Thank you. I thought I saw someone say it worked for them so was basing it off that. That's a bummer though that certainly wasn't of huge importance to me.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thank you. I thought I saw someone say it worked for them so was basing it off that. That's a bummer though that certainly wasn't of huge importance to me.
Well, I saw that they didn’t and tried it anyway, and it didn’t work on mine either. Mine were an early version when they were first released so maybe something has changed if someone else got it to work!

ScoutandBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I saw that they didn’t and tried it anyway, and it didn’t work on mine either. Mine were an early version when they were first released so maybe something has changed if someone else got it to work!
Haha. Gotta try right. I appreciate it and won't rush out to get new wire like I was going to at least.

OP
OP
KompressorV12

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha. Gotta try right. I appreciate it and won't rush out to get new wire like I was going to at least.
I got my backlights to work but I bought the actual rigid 360 lights. $340 on Amazon in Feb

3C929612-C165-44EB-BAFF-11CDBE758F24.jpeg

Sponsored

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was torn between the two different sets as well, but ended up going with the Ford Performance version, because everything was in the kit. That is apart from the washers for the mounting bracket, seems like several people have had those missing.

And like was mentioned previously, I chose to paint the silver hardware black before installing, so that it all blended in, and I also put adhesive backed felt under the mounting bracket as well. Overall, relatively easy install.

I chose to not feed the wires through the gap between the door and the fender as it looked like it will rub the paint over time, and put it through the small gap in the cowl instead. I also ran the wiring under the main cowl as well, so it isn't exposed at all. Here's a video of my install:

Last edited:

ScoutandBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Rigid 360 pod with backlight 3C929612-C165-44EB-BAFF-11CDBE758F24
Ford Bronco Rigid 360 pod with backlight 3C929612-C165-44EB-BAFF-11CDBE758F24
Looks Great! I finally got my Bronco earlier this week and I'm ordering the Rigid lights soon (not the Ford performance because I want the backlight). What did you buy separate from the Rigid lights to make this all work? Just wire (what gauge) and connectors?

OP
OP
KompressorV12

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks Great! I finally got my Bronco earlier this week and I'm ordering the Rigid lights soon (not the Ford performance because I want the backlight). What did you buy separate from the Rigid lights to make this all work? Just wire (what gauge) and connectors?
12E128BC-0FD6-437D-9550-66D25D408634.jpeg

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see you got a 2-pin 16 gauge wire. Doesn't the Rigid light have 3 wires for hookup? Two wires for the light and one wire for the backlight? How did you hook up all 3 wires?
Sponsored