Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi All,

I’m hoping I can get a straight answer as my searches have led me with more questions than answers.

I’m looking to add these rigid 360 with backlight pod lights. It looks like they are lights and mounting hardware only. Can I just buy 16 gauge wire and not the rigid harness? Then I’d just need terminals and connectors right? Is it that simple?

Rigid Industries 36118 360-Series LED Off-Road Light 4 in Drive Beam for Moderate Speed 20-50 MPH Plus Amber Backlight Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YZQF6X4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_AJM1H7YCW11Y3CH0BFVC
Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi All,

I’m hoping I can get a straight answer as my searches have led me with more questions than answers.

I’m looking to add these rigid 360 with backlight pod lights. It looks like they are lights and mounting hardware only. Can I just buy 16 gauge wire and not the rigid harness? Then I’d just need terminals and connectors right? Is it that simple?

Rigid Industries 36118 360-Series LED Off-Road Light 4 in Drive Beam for Moderate Speed 20-50 MPH Plus Amber Backlight Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YZQF6X4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_AJM1H7YCW11Y3CH0BFVC
The ford performance set only comes with wire.
I've installed them and had no issues, so I think your a GO!

OP
OP
KompressorV12

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ford performance set only comes with wire.
I've installed them and had no issues, so I think your a GO!
Looks like the ford performance once are the way to go, but they don’t include the backlight which I really want. And it looks like the rigid 360 direct from rigid doesn’t include the black custom to bronco mounting hardware. Anyone know anything about that?

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, I used wire I had in my garage to wire my 360s. I have AUX switches so it was super easy and quick.

20211130_170440.jpg

20211112_234000.jpg

20211112_233109.jpg

OP
OP
KompressorV12

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I used wire I had in my garage to wire my 360s. I have AUX switches so it was super easy and quick.

20211130_170440.jpg

20211112_234000.jpg

20211112_233109.jpg
Was this with the ford performance kit or the rigid direct lights? Looks like there is confusion with the mounting hardware needing to be bronco specific (ford performance kit) otherwise it hits the antenna

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was this with the ford performance kit or the rigid direct lights? Looks like there is confusion with the mounting hardware needing to be bronco specific (ford performance kit) otherwise it hits the antenna

Rigid direct with working backlight. The closeness with the antenna doesn't bother me a bit.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You have your Bronco bolt, I would go buy some extra washers. I found some black chrome ones that did the trick. Everything else should be included with the lights. Regardless of Ford Performance Rigid or Rigid brand.

OP
OP
KompressorV12

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rigid direct with working backlight. The closeness with the antenna doesn't bother me a bit.
Can you send pictures of what it looks like near your antenna, also how the backlight looks just out of curiosity? Also what was included with the rigid direct? The mounting hardware? Will I need to purchase all the connectors and terminals separately? I’m other words what from this ford performance kit should I expect to buy standalone? Thanks for the help!

72C2062E-6B4D-400F-97E5-BF5F5D8C0AE4.jpeg

Mercmeister

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Greetings All! - A few weeks ago I installed the Ford Performance (Rigid 360) Mirror-Mounted Off Road Lights (Ford Part No. M-15200K-BML). Overall, I am very impressed with the quality and the illumination from the LED lights is bright AF! :giggle:

A few observations and installation tips:

1. Ford provides shiny chrome hex head bolts for mounting lighting brackets which seems odd. I have an Iconic Silver "Black Diamond" Bronco and all of the trim is blacked out. The chrome bolts bugged me enough that I installed some black cap screw bolts instead. You would think that Ford could have provided the fancy black Torx-Plus bolts with BRONCO on the head to match the rest of the bolts on the vehicle. I did not try reusing the factory provided Torx-Plus bolts because they seemed too short to use with the bracket. You should be able to get some longer Torx-Plus bolts from Ford, but they probably cost $5.00 a piece.

2. The slot in the lighting bracket is much wider than the "M6" metric mounting bolt. Even with a wide flange bolt head, it seems to be a sloppy fit with the bolt head just catching the edges of the bracket. No washers were provided in my lighting kit either. I obtained some black metric washers to avoid scraping the black powder coat on the bracket. I also modified two regular washers by grinding the sides flat so that the washers fit within the bracket slot. Two stacked washers are about the same thickness as the bracket and worked well to center the blot within the slot.

3. The mounting hole on the Bronco Mirror is recessed and seems to be a collection point for water and eventually corrosion. I taped off the bracket and filled the slot with black silicone sealant to prevent water from collecting below the bracket. I also used some electrical, self-bonding, silicone repair tape underneath the bracket to protect the Bronco mirror surface. This also will help to keep the bracket from rotating since there is only one mounting bolt.

4. You need to go on line to find the Ford installation instruction sheet. (See https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-15200K-BML) Be sure to connect to the Violet wire with a Green tracer line. Do not connect to the Violet wire with a Grey tracer wire (like I did) or the lights will not work. The Violet wire with Green tracer is the switched power circuit controlled by the AUX-3 switch.

5. Routing the power wiring through the door jamb and behind the hood hinges is a bit of a challenge. I used as electrical steel "fish tape" and it worked well. A coat hanger wire would work also. I crimped on the wiring and heat-shrinked the connections prior to pulling the wiring through the door jamb just so I could have a longer pull wire.

6. The loop crimp connectors for the ground terminations provided with the kit are the wrong size. The diameter of the hole is much larger that the grounding bolts you need to connect to. I used the correct size from the local home improvement store.

Overall, I am very impressed with the quality and performance of the Rigid LED lights themselves. They perform extremely well and just look really cool on our Bronco. Just be forewarned that the mounting hardware provided with this lighting kit is subpar and you will need to improvise a bit to get professional results. For the $350.00 price of the kit, I expected an engineered mounting system and attention to detail to the hardware and electrical connectors.

Good Luck!

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you send pictures of what it looks like near your antenna, also how the backlight looks just out of curiosity? Also what was included with the rigid direct? The mounting hardware? Will I need to purchase all the connectors and terminals separately? I’m other words what from this ford performance kit should I expect to buy standalone? Thanks for the help!
You get lights and brackets w/hardware for said brackets but that's it. The lights have about 8" of wire off them. You'll need wire, connectors and zip ties.

My second photo in the previous post shows just the backlight. I apparently don't have a photo of the clearance between the light and mirror.

Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great timing for your post as I'm also researching this! I'm not going with Ford Performance because there is no back light option and its more expensive. That said, Rigid doesn't have the metal bracket. I think i've settled on the Body Guard bracket plus the Rigid Lights. I have found that @Stage 3 Motorsports has 10% off right now. The BG bracket is black and allows the lights to be a little further out. Thoughts?
https://www.stage3motorsports.com/36118-rigid-360-4-round-amber-backlit-driving-beam-led-lights.html

https://www.bodyguardbumpers.com/bronco-cowl-light-mounts

Also go with driving beam or spot beam? https://www.stage3motorsports.com/36114-rigid-360-4-round-amber-backlit-spot-beam-led-lights.html

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi All,

Yes actually you'll have 3 wires. Power, Ground and then the back-light wire.

Rather then buy on Amazon why not support one of the vendors (like us) as we're a Rigid dealer:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/rigid-industries-360-series-4-pair-drive-amber-backlight/

OP
OP
KompressorV12

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great timing for your post as I'm also researching this! I'm not going with Ford Performance because there is no back light option and its more expensive. That said, Rigid doesn't have the metal bracket. I think i've settled on the Body Guard bracket plus the Rigid Lights. I have found that @Stage 3 Motorsports has 10% off right now. The BG bracket is black and allows the lights to be a little further out. Thoughts?
https://www.stage3motorsports.com/36118-rigid-360-4-round-amber-backlit-driving-beam-led-lights.html

I went with the direct rigid lights to see how much the mount closeness to the antenna bugs Me. If it is too much I’ll look at another mount but at $75 for a small piece of metal I’ll have to find another option

https://www.bodyguardbumpers.com/bronco-cowl-light-mounts

Also go with driving beam or spot beam? https://www.stage3motorsports.com/36114-rigid-360-4-round-amber-backlit-spot-beam-led-lights.html

OP
OP
KompressorV12

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs