Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not a Rigid part #, that's the "Ford" part #. I'm thinking Ford changed a few pieces to call it their own.
Cant' say. Another thing I noticed is that everyone keeps talking about the three wires. In my set, they suppressed the third (white wire) so you only hook up the black ground and the hot red.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why does it seem like in this video they aren't having the same problems everyone else is. At the very end of their video you can see where it is mounted on the passenger side and there seems to be plenty of room between the light and the antenna. I'm sure I am just missing something. Right around the 8:56 timeframe. You will notice they have the black mounts as well.

Sorry took so long to respond, been a long work day. I can maybe help answer some of this. I bought my Rigid 360s directly from Rigid. One reason I didn't select the Ford version of the light is because I wanted the backlight feature (amber) which I have wired into a separate Aux switch. Externally, the Ford light looks almost identical to what I bought (I think Rigid's version has a horizontal support thru the center), but does not have the backlight function, which some speculate was to keep it legal in all states. I also thought the Ford main light isn't as bright/strong but I could be wrong there.

Of course what I didn't know was the bracket would be different. My 360 light came with the plain stainless steel bracket. The video you reference above is for the Ford Rigid light set which, like @4x4TruckLEDs.com has indicated, is unique to Ford's version of the light. Looking back, I can see why Ford had them design a different bracket for the Bronco as the generic one from Rigid not only looks generic, it is a poor fit against the antenna that would have generated a lot of complaints from Bronco owners. I just wish I knew that in advance. Hopefully this post helps others who would prefer the better fitting/looking single bracket.

I liked the double bracket idea from @4x4TruckLEDs.com but since I am moving on to other mods, I will likely just try to work something out better with the one pair of lights and repaint the brackets. To improve fitment, I may figure out a way to offset the passenger light a little more. One Idea is to use my dremel tool to cut the bottom channel/hole about a 1/2 inch more to better separate the light from the antenna. I think there is enough real-estate on the bottom of the bracket to do so. If enough interest, I will post pics of this attempt (and if it is successful ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cant' say. Another thing I noticed is that everyone keeps talking about the three wires. In my set, they suppressed the third (white wire) so you only hook up the black ground and the hot red.
Right, as I discussed above, that third wire is needed for the backlight feature of the Rigid 360 Series, which the Ford light doesnt have. I ordered one that has amber backlight, which you can switch on separately from main light (mine is wired to Aux 6 using that third wire). It's "almost" as bright as a parking light. Obviously not a necessity but it gives it some uniqueness and it kind of does look cool..... They also offer backlight colors in red, blue, and green. But most states have restrictions about running blue and red lights. To me, amber actually is nice and kind of fits the overall style of the vehicle. Pics of what the amber backlight looks like turned on. Ford light cannot reproduce this.

Ford Bronco Rigid A-Pillar Light Bracket Issues with 360 Backlight Kit 1636433922708

Here is it on F150 but I think these are the larger 6" lights.

Ford Bronco Rigid A-Pillar Light Bracket Issues with 360 Backlight Kit 1636433895208

Link to what I ordered:

https://www.rigidindustries.com/360...ght-spot-beam-amber-backlight-pair-36114.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no harness needed. The 360-series just leave you 3 wires on the back which you extend. Rigid does have (which we sell) a wiring harness, but it's got a relay and is nothing more then some extended wires (you don't need a relay with upfitters). Not worth the money. Just extend the wires.
Agreed, I just bought a spool of automotive wire and used that to connect the light leads to the Aux 5 and 6 leads in the engine compartment (just under the driver's side A-Pillar). The Ford light install video above is a great tutorial to follow on where to run the wires from the lights to the switch leads.

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed, I just bought a spool of automotive wire and used that to connect the light leads to the Aux 5 and 6 leads in the engine compartment (just under the driver's side A-Pillar). The Ford light install video above is a great tutorial to follow on where to run the wires from the lights to the switch leads.
So one aux switch turns the backlight on/off and the other aux switch turns the light on/off? I'm interested in the Rigid 360 lights w/backlight but want to make sure everything still works with the Bronco. Its a shame that it takes up 2 aux switches if that's the case.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So one aux switch turns the backlight on/off and the other aux switch turns the light on/off? I'm interested in the Rigid 360 lights w/backlight but want to make sure everything still works with the Bronco. Its a shame that it takes up 2 aux switches if that's the case.
Not sure I understand why its a shame that it uses two. These are designed to be switched on separately, which you can do in several different ways, one being using switches. I chose to use the aux switches to control them separately but you do not have to do the same. I guess you can wire them in a way so the backlight function comes on with your parking lights, that would save you the use of one switch. Or you can use the switches that come with them but to me that defeats the purpose of the aux switches. I also am sure they sell a switch that has three settings (off and two ons) but again you would have to mount them in your dash somewhere and that means usually drilling a hole. Finally, you might be better off with the Ford version which only requires one switch to power on the offroad lights (no backlight). :unsure:

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry took so long to respond, been a long work day. I can maybe help answer some of this. I bought my Rigid 360s directly from Rigid. One reason I didn't select the Ford version of the light is because I wanted the backlight feature (amber) which I have wired into a separate Aux switch. Externally, the Ford light looks almost identical to what I bought (I think Rigid's version has a horizontal support thru the center), but does not have the backlight function, which some speculate was to keep it legal in all states. I also thought the Ford main light isn't as bright/strong but I could be wrong there.

Of course what I didn't know was the bracket would be different. My 360 light came with the plain stainless steel bracket. The video you reference above is for the Ford Rigid light set which, like @4x4TruckLEDs.com has indicated, is unique to Ford's version of the light. Looking back, I can see why Ford had them design a different bracket for the Bronco as the generic one from Rigid not only looks generic, it is a poor fit against the antenna that would have generated a lot of complaints from Bronco owners. I just wish I knew that in advance. Hopefully this post helps others who would prefer the better fitting/looking single bracket.

I liked the double bracket idea from @4x4TruckLEDs.com but since I am moving on to other mods, I will likely just try to work something out better with the one pair of lights and repaint the brackets. To improve fitment, I may figure out a way to offset the passenger light a little more. One Idea is to use my dremel tool to cut the bottom channel/hole about a 1/2 inch more to better separate the light from the antenna. I think there is enough real-estate on the bottom of the bracket to do so. If enough interest, I will post pics of this attempt (and if it is successful ;)
Did you ever figure out a bracket solution for this? I just went through the exact same process and agree the fitment on the passenger side is not great. Thinking about drilling a hole in the bracket then painting them black.

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you ever figure out a bracket solution for this? I just went through the exact same process and agree the fitment on the passenger side is not great. Thinking about drilling a hole in the bracket then painting them black.
Hi, I ended up drilling a new hole closer to the edge of the same bracket. That moved it just far enough away from the antenna so it doesn't touch. Just be sure and use a good metal cutting bit. I can take a pic this time tomorrow if you think it will help. I should have taken one when I did the install.

Tim Kelly

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought the Rigid model not the Ford Performance ones and have the same problem. It seems Ford modified the brackets for better fit on the mirrors and to create more clearance from antenna. Wish Rigid would have told buyers about this instead of selling product stated to fit new bronco. Trying to find the black brackets, even called Rigid and they told me to get them powder coated black with does not fix the issue. Any body have a fix for this?

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ended up drilling a new hole for right side to get it off of the antenna then painted both a automotive black primer like coat which looks similar to powder coat.

Sponsored

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am having a problem with the Ford Performance A pillar lights.
the directions say to wire them to the violet/green wire for switch 3. I have it wired up so that both black wires are connected to ground at the existing bolt on the firewall and both red wires connected to the violet/green wire. When I hit switch 3, the fuse blows.
Switch 3 is a 10A fuse, it seems like that is enough.
has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^
I hooked it up to switch 6 which is also a 10 amp. No problems!
You have a short somewhere in your system.
What did you use to extend the wiring from the light pigtail to the upfitter wiring harness?

Last edited:

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Panzer948 I had the same issue when I installed my Pod lights - interference with the Antennae. I got these on Amazon to move them just a little outboard and I'm really liking the change. Maybe this will help you as well? Luck!

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Panzer948 I had the same issue when I installed my Pod lights - interference with the Antennae. I got these on Amazon to move them just a little outboard and I'm really liking the change. Maybe this will help you as well? Luck!
Wow, wish they had these when I did that mod almost a year ago ;). Amazon has really taken off with small mods like this. So crazy what you can get now.

As a workaround I ended up drilling a new hole left of center to mount the bracket further to the right of the antenna. Its okay at this point, but yeah this is the proper way to do it!

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, 36 ford convertible, 59 MGA, 57 Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched out my pilar lights today to the orange back light Rigid. I love the look.
Sponsored