Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided to buy a pair pf A Pillar Lights from Rigid versus Ford's setup (which is also Rigid) in order to have that dual main light and backlight function (Amber). I installed this yesterday with no real wiring issues. I used Aux 6 for the backlight and Aux 5 for the main light. I think 10AMPs is fine for the main lights as I want to keep the higher amp rated switches for bigger mods, plus I preferred to keep the two switches side by side. I love having the pre-wires in the engine compartment as drilling thru the firewall is the one thing I don't like doing on a new vehicle. Anyway, wiring went well.

I have more of a problem with included brackets. Unlike the Ford product, which based on a Youtube install video is black and larger, the included Rigid bracket is plain chrome plated (not that nice shiny chrome or steel) with little side to side mounting adjustment. This probably works for most generic applications. However on the Bronco, it leaves no room to move it away from the right side antenna and that cold metal finish doesn't blend well with the black A Pillar area. Note, if the passenger side was just like the driver side I would be fine with it and probably just put a coat of black paint on them. I have included a couple of pictures to show how it is right up against the antenna, almost pushing it a bit. The silver metal contrast to the black mounting area looks worse in real life.

Anyone know if I can buy the bracket only directly from Ford (doubt that); maybe from Rigid? Perhaps there is an aftermarket bracket kit out there that moves the Rigid light about a 1/2 inch further behind and to the right of the antenna?

Ford Bronco Rigid A-Pillar Light Bracket Issues with 360 Backlight Kit 1636305140031
Ford Bronco Rigid A-Pillar Light Bracket Issues with 360 Backlight Kit 1636305109477
Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I decided to buy a pair pf A Pillar Lights from Rigid versus Ford's setup (which is also Rigid) in order to have that dual main light and backlight function (Amber). I installed this yesterday with no real wiring issues. I used Aux 6 for the backlight and Aux 5 for the main light. I think 10AMPs is fine for the main lights as I want to keep the higher amp rated switches for bigger mods, plus I preferred to keep the two switches side by side. I love having the pre-wires in the engine compartment as drilling thru the firewall is the one thing I don't like doing on a new vehicle. Anyway, wiring went well.

I have more of a problem with included brackets. Unlike the Ford product, which based on a Youtube install video is black and larger, the included Rigid bracket is plain chrome plated (not that nice shiny chrome or steel) with little side to side mounting adjustment. This probably works for most generic applications. However on the Bronco, it leaves no room to move it away from the right side antenna and that cold metal finish doesn't blend well with the black A Pillar area. Note, if the passenger side was just like the driver side I would be fine with it and probably just put a coat of black paint on them. I have included a couple of pictures to show how it is right up against the antenna, almost pushing it a bit. The silver metal contrast to the black mounting area looks worse in real life.

Anyone know if I can buy the bracket only directly from Ford (doubt that); maybe from Rigid? Perhaps there is an aftermarket bracket kit out there that moves the Rigid light about a 1/2 inch further behind and to the right of the antenna?

Ford Bronco Rigid A-Pillar Light Bracket Issues with 360 Backlight Kit 1636305109477
Where did you buy your lights from? Direct on Rigid's website? We're a stocking dealer and stock the Rigid 360-Series, you could have purchased them from us.

The 360-Series brackets are not black, they are raw stainless steel (I assume stainless) as you have pictured. I'd recommend just take your brackets to a local painter and have them powder coated black.

We do sell the Rigid dual-light bracket which might work better for you. It's designed to handle 2 lights though:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/rigid-industries-dual-pod-a-pillar-mount-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did you buy your lights from? Direct on Rigid's website? We're a stocking dealer and stock the Rigid 360-Series, you could have purchased them from us.

The 360-Series brackets are not black, they are raw stainless steel (I assume stainless) as you have pictured. I'd recommend just take your brackets to a local painter and have them powder coated black.

We do sell the Rigid dual-light bracket which might work better for you. It's designed to handle 2 lights though:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/rigid-industries-dual-pod-a-pillar-mount-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/
Do you have a harness for this setup?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you have a harness for this setup?
There is no harness needed. The 360-series just leave you 3 wires on the back which you extend. Rigid does have (which we sell) a wiring harness, but it's got a relay and is nothing more then some extended wires (you don't need a relay with upfitters). Not worth the money. Just extend the wires.

Sponsored

AH64DB2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the Ford setup prevent this?

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ran into the same problem. Haven't done anything about it yet, but I have kept an eye on the antenna and passenger side light to see if there's any damage from rubbing. Nothing after a month. I noticed when the lights are on it does distort the FM reception. Not the backlights, just the main lights.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[/QUOTE]
I hope this helps, they certainly have a light mount for this series in black because that is what I was sent for the identical pair of lights and I didn't specify either way. See below:

Ford Bronco Rigid A-Pillar Light Bracket Issues with 360 Backlight Kit 16364052878386132810016724998065

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Rigid A-Pillar Light Bracket Issues with 360 Backlight Kit 16364052878386132810016724998065
Why does it seem like in this video they aren't having the same problems everyone else is. At the very end of their video you can see where it is mounted on the passenger side and there seems to be plenty of room between the light and the antenna. I'm sure I am just missing something. Right around the 8:56 timeframe. You will notice they have the black mounts as well.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Those of you with black mounts, did you buy the Rigid 360-series somewhere else OR from Ford?

The 360-series we have on the shelves have the silver/stainless looking mounts, but the black ones look like they jet out differently.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those of you with black mounts, did you buy the Rigid 360-series somewhere else OR from Ford?

The 360-series we have on the shelves have the silver/stainless looking mounts, but the black ones look like they jet out differently.
Bought mine on Ebay Adam months ago.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bought mine on Ebay Adam months ago.
Eww eBay... did your 360-series come with black or silver brackets? What sku did you get

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the black mounts and got mine from Ford. Have no rubbing whatsoever also. Pic:

Ford Bronco Rigid A-Pillar Light Bracket Issues with 360 Backlight Kit FB1A454B-4D9F-44AD-B68C-80EC0658FCB5

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eww eBay... did your 360-series come with black or silver brackets? What sku did you get
Those pictures above of the black are mine.

2021 Bronco Ford Performance M-15200K-BML RIGID Mirror Mounted Off Road Lights.

Sku 56122 01500

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Those pictures above of the black are mine.

2021 Bronco Ford Performance M-15200K-BML RIGID Mirror Mounted Off Road Lights.

Sku 56122 01500
That's not a Rigid part #, that's the "Ford" part #. I'm thinking Ford changed a few pieces to call it their own.
Sponsored