First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I see you got a 2-pin 16 gauge wire. Doesn't the Rigid light have 3 wires for hookup? Two wires for the light and one wire for the backlight? How did you hook up all 3 wires?
One of the wires is a ground, and in the Ford Performance instructions, they show that you can ground the lights on each side of the vehicles.

The left one on the left fender frame and the right one on the right fender frame, that way you only have to run two wires over to the power source in your case, for the backlight and the main light.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KompressorV12

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see you got a 2-pin 16 gauge wire. Doesn't the Rigid light have 3 wires for hookup? Two wires for the light and one wire for the backlight? How did you hook up all 3 wires?
360 has three wires. One for back light, one for main light, one for ground. That wire is just wire. You can split the two wires apart and make your own length.

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
One of the wires is a ground, and in the Ford Performance instructions, they show that you can ground the lights on each side of the vehicles.

The left one on the left fender frame and the right one on the right fender frame, that way you only have to run two wires over to the power source in your case, for the backlight and the main light.
Your video on the install was great! Just got my Ford performance version. Mine didn't come with the bolts, or the washers, for mounting the brackets to the Bronco. Any idea what the specs are on the correct bolt? The Ford Performance instruction sheet just lists it as "bolt".

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your video on the install was great! Just got my Ford performance version. Mine didn't come with the bolts, or the washers, for mounting the brackets to the Bronco. Any idea what the specs are on the correct bolt? The Ford Performance instruction sheet just lists it as "bolt".
I believe you can get away with M8 bolts, that seems to be what all the other bolts are for the most part on the Bronco, but without taking it apart and trying, I can't give you a definitive answer.

And yeah, I don't know what's up with the RIGID kits, mine had the bolts, but didn't have the washers, I had to scavenge a couple from a neighbor that would work correctly!

dooberj

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha. Gotta try right. I appreciate it and won't rush out to get new wire like I was going to at least.
@ScoutandBronco I have to ask, did you try?? I just picked these up from the Ford dealer along with a 40" light bar... I'm going to install them this weekend, but don't know if I'll bother trying to get the backlight going.

Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@ScoutandBronco I have to ask, did you try?? I just picked these up from the Ford dealer along with a 40" light bar... I'm going to install them this weekend, but don't know if I'll bother trying to get the backlight going.
Guaranteed won't work with Ford Performance version. I tried and spoke to Rigid it is disconnected internally. I'm running a dual rigid setup ford performance driving pods inside and rigid spots on the outside...spots (non ford) have backlights that work...performance does not. Also, different brackets so I had to paint the non ford version black to match. Non ford bracket sits a little lower. I actually don't mind that they are different since it shows a stagger in height. Also went to the local hardware store to get black stainless bolts/washers/nuts to match it all up. Came with bright stainless.

Dual Pods.jpg

dooberj

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guaranteed won't work with Ford Performance version. I tried and spoke to Rigid it is disconnected internally. I'm running a dual rigid setup ford performance driving pods inside and rigid spots on the outside...spots (non ford) have backlights that work...performance does not. Also, different brackets so I had to paint the non ford version black to match. Non ford bracket sits a little lower. I actually don't mind that they are different since it shows a stagger in height. Also went to the local hardware store to get black stainless bolts/washers/nuts to match it all up. Came with bright stainless.

Ford Bronco Rigid 360 pod with backlight Dual Pods
Thanks man! I like the setup you went with! It looks like I'll save myself some headache and forget about even trying. Not too disappointed since backlight isn't mentioned when ordering at all. I had a boatload of FordPass points saved up, so got $1700ish worth of lights for a couple hundred bucks so I'll just roll with it...

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks man! I like the setup you went with! It looks like I'll save myself some headache and forget about even trying. Not too disappointed since backlight isn't mentioned when ordering at all. I had a boatload of FordPass points saved up, so got $1700ish worth of lights for a couple hundred bucks so I'll just roll with it...
[
You running the modular steel bumper or plastic standard?

dooberj

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You running the modular steel bumper or plastic standard?
Modular steel bumper, they took my color away they weren’t taking my bumper away lol

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Modular steel bumper, they took my color away they weren’t taking my bumper away lol
Good move. I got a plastic bumper but just put the Diode Elites in it and it is growing on me for now...

Sponsored

ScoutandBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 International Scout, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't. I determined I didn't care enough to have backlighting so didn't try. Sorry I couldn't help.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know this is an old post. But if you need some Rigid lights check out our site at www.4x4TruckLEDs.com - We're a Rigid Industries dealer. We also stock other brands like Diode Dynamics and Baja Designs.

We KNOW Broncos!
Sponsored