Sponsored

Thoughts on color matched painted Braptor flares versus black flares...

Braptor flares preference: Color matched or non-painted?

• Total voters

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's funny. When I was waiting patiently for my 23 Braptor order, I read how Ford was going to offer color matched painted flares starting in 24. I won't lie, that sounded great and I almost CXLed my 23 order for a 24, but didn't. Over the past few months, I have seen a few 24 Braptors with painted flares and I must say, I was wrong and glad I didn't back out of my 23. I don't like the painted flares at all. IMO, the flares just blend into the sides now and don't give it the appearance of being as wide or aggressive. Am I the only one? :unsure:
Sponsored

DewarT

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought my '23 HPR Raptor in February this year. I had looked at a couple of '24s and one was HPR.
I also thought I would like the painted fenders better as I thought the black were hideous when it came out. I proved myself wrong. When my 14 year old son and I went to look at the '24, the first thing he said was that he didn't like the painted flares and I agreed.

I did see two different white '24 models recently with the code orange package and it looked great with the matched flares and orange accents. Very sporty. I have since seen a gray (I thought looked good) and a blue (didn't look good). So for me- I think its color related. Everyone will have their own opinion on this i'm sure.

I love my '23 model and wouldn't swap it unless it had a V8!

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I like the contrast of the fender flares not matching on ours. Plus the painted ones will probably chip easier.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Painted flare are the way to go. Looks so much better than the huge plastic hanging off the side.

Sponsored

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The BRaptor is so big you need something like contrasting flares to break up the color scheme.

Pic thanks to TroyTDesigns

IMG_1569.jpeg

LarryBirdsFace

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Paint matched is the only way to go for me. Part of that might be the material they actually used. This is one man's personal opinion, the shape of the rear combined with the "flimsy" material that just looks not sturdy, makes the whole flare aesthetic seem like an afterthought.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Divisive topic. I'm in the prefer black fenders camp. It seems to me that some colors look better with matched fenders than others. Not sure why but blue is the best for me for some unknown reason.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I might be bias, but do like the painted flares on my Shelter Green. But just like everything, it's all personal opinion. Love the one you own.

Ford Bronco Thoughts on color matched painted Braptor flares versus black flares... 43426

Last edited:

Sponsored

Medicin3man

Raptor
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Braptor, ‘23 Telluride 4x, ‘10 FJ Cruiser TT
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I love the black flares. Colored match just makes the Raptor look plain and generic. The black flares are good for color contrast. Im viper happy with my 23 Code Orange Braptor. I don’t see any reason to get rid of it, even for a bigger engine

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I offroad mine and my flares are intact, but they are pinstriped.

DillonC

Raptor
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f250, 2019 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Should've been painted from the inception in my opinion. Love mine being painted, even on a black vehicle.
Ford Bronco Thoughts on color matched painted Braptor flares versus black flares... 1000002719

DewarT

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP- you need to make this a poll…

22 Spyder

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon mod (DD),2022 Porsche Spyder(weekend)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm in the painted fenders camp. Just because the fenders and tops don't match close enough for my taste. If the top and fenders were a perfect match in color I might have thought of skipping the painted fenders. I plan to go with Azure Gray or Iconic Silver for my 24 BRaptor in the near future and it will have painted fenders along with all other options like Bronco graphics, Bead lock wheels, carbon fiber interior and black leather seats.
Sponsored