Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It appears the 2024 Raptor comes standard with painted fender flares. When opting for the low gloss black flares, the price does not change.

Really makes you wonder how many customers would choose the black flares over the painted. My guess is that most will be painted. So many people complained about the black flares, but when you see them in person, it makes more sense visually.

I own a 2022 and love the way it looks, but if I were ordering a ‘24, I’m almost certain I would order with painted flares.
Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco Raptor - Colored Painted Fender Flares Are Standard IMG_0229
Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco Raptor - Colored Painted Fender Flares Are Standard IMG_0230
Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco Raptor - Colored Painted Fender Flares Are Standard IMG_0228
Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco Raptor - Colored Painted Fender Flares Are Standard IMG_0227
Sponsored

Florida Man

Raptor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I know I'm in the minority here but I actually like the black flares, glad its still an option, I think they add some much needed contrast against the body paint and give the truck a more militarized look. Having said that, I haven't seen a Raptor with painted flares in person but have a neighbor with OBX and painted flares and doesn't do it for me...

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco, 2012 F350, 2019 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Certain colors I definitely still like the black flares better. I also would rather replace a black flare try and prep and color match a flare that damaged on the trail. I would still order black if ordering today.

Robbys3m3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We actually painted our iconic silver flares last week and man they are a bear to match. We have tried 6 iterations and my painter even brought in his PPG rep. The way the flares are designed create an illusion like they don't match with the metallic paint colors...imagine the last gen camaros where the door hits the next panel...so weird and it's been the same way on my friends Green braptor. We are gonna respray them this weekend and then ppf em. It should be interesting to see how the oem paint jobs react to this with the flares.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The painted flares look yuck.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I also think painted look good, perhaps better, on certain colors, blue and black. I'm still interested in Code Orange and want black fenders.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Isn't there a section in the rear fender flares that can be replaced when rock chips become excessive? Still that way for painted? Personally I prefer the unpainted black and would worry about the way the painted ones would look after time as I drive a lot on gravel roads. Might need more protection with mud flaps or whatever if you go painted.

Robbys3m3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Isn't there a section in the rear fender flares that can be replaced when rock chips become excessive? Still that way for painted? Personally I prefer the unpainted black and would worry about the way the painted ones would look after time as I drive a lot on gravel roads. Might need more protection with mud flaps or whatever if you go painted.
Ya we are going to use the thickest ppf on the impact areas. Frankly on my g550 4x4^2 we doubled up the ppf on the impact areas since the flares are carbon

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think the painted flares look very nice. I wish they painted the top too, but I’m guessing that will be next year.

I would be interested in painted mirror caps and handles. Does ford offer painted handles and mirror caps as parts since some non braptor models come with color matched handles and mirror caps? Anyone know?

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Agree that some colors look really good (Velocity Blue!), but now that I've had some experience off road in this, there's no way I'd want painted fender flares. This thing IS wide, the trails are narrow in the North East - and Stealth on the black was the way to go for me. If I were never going to go off road, paint it all (assuming Ford can actually get all of it to *match*)! But scratches will suck on this.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's dumb shit and for people who like to either like high replacement costs or garage queens.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Painted flares FTW! I assume there's a functional reason, or they would've dumped them by now. Anything to make them disappear.

And yeah, in person a Braptor is more impressive. But them flares are still peanut butter funky as all get out, it's just in person (esp. w/40's) there's so much to see.
Sponsored