MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, the actual FENDERS are slightly buldged...

The FLARES, are hideous... Painted does look better.

Just as a PSA: Let's not use fenders and flares interchangeably. Two different parts.
Thank you. And I wasn't using them interchangeably.
Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah, would look way better. Apparently it was too wide to paint. Go to 19:11
Ford seems to be doing a lot of things "without a process" these days.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Less offensive, better. I saw a photo shop render in cactus grey with the black flairs and it was ok.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A stretched 2dr would have been really cool but would have added a bunch more tooling expense. I do see how they wouldn't want the standard 2dr wheelbase for high speed.
+ 1 point for 4 doors

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ughhh its almost like a billboard. wtf was Ford thinking here? who signed off on this garbage? and is that a fender flare with a mud flap also tacked on??? wow just wow

1643061149948.png
Watch that Doug Demuro clip on the raptor. I know Doug gets a lot of hate, but I genuinely appreciate how he really chased his passion and made a job of it. There's a part in the review where he was talking about a couple of weird plastic flaps on the front bumper that they put on because of aerodynamics (presumably to buy in another MPG or two) that they're expecting are going to be removed. This might be the same deal. Some of the other really interesting stuff related to all the extra lights that had to be put on it because of regulations for cars over a certain width.

Sponsored

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am not a fan of those flares either but to me it looks 100% better when those giant flares are painted to match the body. Looks more Raptor like to me too. I dont know why Ford couldn't have done this for the launch.

Bronco Raptor painted fender flares 2.jpg

Bronco Raptor painted fender flares 1.jpg
Maybe someone on the HUMMER design team was hired at FORD???
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor with painted fender flares (rendered) 936A1AA2-ABE5-4A7C-A895-34835460DCEF

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t get past the rear view. All out of proportion. Looks like a duelly pickup from behind..

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks way better!! To me the rear flares were the ugliest.
"Looks better" and "looks good" are two different things.

This is Code Orange lipstick on a pig.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What color is that Bronco? Looks too orange to be the Hot Pepper Red.
It's an exclusive color called Ford Performance Code Orange.

Probably should have called it Code Red, but I'm sure Mountain Dew already has their legal talons around the Code Red name. And Ford's Cyber Orange color is actually more of a school bus yellow.... so whatever. They must have funny lighting in Ford's office.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, the actual FENDERS are slightly buldged...

The FLARES, are hideous... Painted does look better.

Just as a PSA: Let's not use fenders and flares interchangeably. Two different parts.
Totally. The pic @Toccoa posted yesterday clearly shows the fenders are part of widebody sheetmetal on the Raptor. Benefits of quarters that remove with just a few bolts. The reveal around the tail lights is also completely different.
1642991594255.jpeg

Looks like the Everglades edition may have the same fenders with much more appropriately-sized flares. Much, much better. Wait, is that a snorkel? Damn, that camo is good.
Everest Bronco Sighting .jpg
1642629526403.png

This unofficial rendering of the Heritage edition shows a similar squared-off fender.
here-s-john-bronco-virtually-announcing-the-2021-ford-bronco-heritage-edition-161880_1.jpg

Would make sense if they offered the widebody sheetmetal across a wider lineup of Limited Editions than just the Raptor... but then again, they did keep the F150 Raptor fenders exclusive. Maybe the big-ass flares are all they keep BRaptor-only. Big win for swapping out the big uglies, if that's the case.

Last edited:

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like putting lipstick on a warthog 🤪

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Totally. The pic @Toccoa posted yesterday clearly shows the fenders are part of widebody sheetmetal on the Raptor. Benefits of quarters that remove with just a few bolts. The reveal around the tail lights is also completely different.
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor with painted fender flares (rendered) here-s-john-bronco-virtually-announcing-the-2021-ford-bronco-heritage-edition-161880_1

Looks like the Everglades edition may have the same fenders with much more appropriately-sized flares. Much, much better. Wait, is that a snorkel? Damn, that camo is good.
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor with painted fender flares (rendered) here-s-john-bronco-virtually-announcing-the-2021-ford-bronco-heritage-edition-161880_1

This unofficial rendering of the Heritage edition shows a similar squared-off fender.

Would make sense if they offered the widebody sheetmetal across a wider lineup of Limited Editions than just the Raptor... but then again, they did keep the F150 Raptor fenders exclusive. Maybe the big-ass flares are all they keep BRaptor-only. Big win for swapping out the big uglies, if that's the case.
Could this just be standard for a refresh? So soon? 🤔

Finally making the modular items?

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you. And I wasn't using them interchangeably.
No, not you. Apologies if it came across that way.

I said PSA for everyone. 👍
Sponsored