Sponsored

Thoughts on Ford Pass Rewards Credit Card?

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
G’day fellow Bronco6G members.
Just wanted to reach out to the forum to see if anyone has the Ford Pass Rewards Credit card and what their thoughts are on it?
Would love to know if they think it is worth it?
Have the used the Ford Pass rewards before?
Did they have any issues qualifying for sign up bonus points?
I’m excited like everyone else to have the opportunity to buy a new Bronco, as part of that I will be putting some money down and then financing the rest.
I think Ford Pass Rewards CC currently has an offer for 11’000 bonus points for a first qualifying purchase. For me I would use the card to pay for part of the deposit on the Bronco and then pay it straight off. Hopefully getting the bonus points to use on some Ford accessories on my new Bronco.
Just wanted the 6G thoughts if anyone has done this before or thinking the same thing?
Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did that exact thing. I put the down payment for my wife's Lincoln Corsair on it and am paying it off immediately. I got 11,000 points for it. I guess I can use the points at some point in the future...

I generally pick cards based on rewards points, so if I can use the points for routine maintenance to offset costs or something, it works for me. Likewise, I could just use a cash back card, but I'm not sure whether the points are more valuable than the cash yet. Still working the math...

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I used it to buy tires at a dealer. 40000 point promotion and 8000 points from the X10 multiples. Gas is X3 points. I’m at 79000 points so those accessories are getting cheaper. By the time my bronco is built I should have 15,678,100 points.

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve been putting off getting anything Bronco until I get my bronco. It could still be a long time and who knows.

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did that exact thing. I put the down payment for my wife's Lincoln Corsair on it and am paying it off immediately. I got 11,000 points for it. I guess I can use the points at some point in the future...

I generally pick cards based on rewards points, so if I can use the points for routine maintenance to offset costs or something, it works for me. Likewise, I could just use a cash back card, but I'm not sure whether the points are more valuable than the cash yet. Still working the math...
Is there a 3% markup or anything paying the deposit down payment on a CC? Never thought you could do anything aside from cash or check (I've only ever bought one vehicle from a dealer). Would be great to slap down 20k on a CC, get the rewards, and pay it off the next day.

Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha, they were resistant to anything over $3K, but I had left my checkbook at home and said, "I'll have to come back some other day with my checkbook, then. It's kind of a long drive, so I'll swing by when I get a chance." :)

That sort of eased the process. And yes, they complained about the CC fee, but didn't charge it to me, either.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have the card and the points I accumulate are used to pay for service/parts on my F150.
I earn the points and pay off the balance prior to finance charges.
It works well for me.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

G’day fellow Bronco6G members.
Just wanted to reach out to the forum to see if anyone has the Ford Pass Rewards Credit card and what their thoughts are on it?
Would love to know if they think it is worth it?
Have the used the Ford Pass rewards before?
Did they have any issues qualifying for sign up bonus points?
I’m excited like everyone else to have the opportunity to buy a new Bronco, as part of that I will be putting some money down and then financing the rest.
I think Ford Pass Rewards CC currently has an offer for 11’000 bonus points for a first qualifying purchase. For me I would use the card to pay for part of the deposit on the Bronco and then pay it straight off. Hopefully getting the bonus points to use on some Ford accessories on my new Bronco.
Just wanted the 6G thoughts if anyone has done this before or thinking the same thing?
I got the card and yes it is loaded with various rewards. I put my down payment on it (paid it off when the bill came due) and got $100.00 in cash back. The Card is through First National Bank of Omaha...my main card has been through them for over 25 years. Great Bank to work with. I use the Bronco card for all vehicle related purchases including gas.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Haha, they were resistant to anything over $3K, but I had left my checkbook at home and said, "I'll have to come back some other day with my checkbook, then. It's kind of a long drive, so I'll swing by when I get a chance." :)

That sort of eased the process. And yes, they complained about the CC fee, but didn't charge it to me, either.
I want to do this, but I've never received a CC with a 20k limit before. And my credit isn't half bad

Does the Ford CC have higher ceilings or something?

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is there a 3% markup or anything paying the deposit down payment on a CC? Never thought you could do anything aside from cash or check (I've only ever bought one vehicle from a dealer). Would be great to slap down 20k on a CC, get the rewards, and pay it off the next day.
I’ve used my Amex for a deposit on a vehicle before, gets down to the dealer. They’ll take a Cc before they lose a dea though!

Sponsored
OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I got the card and yes it is loaded with various rewards. I put my down payment on it (paid it off when the bill came due) and got $100.00 in cash back. The Card is through First National Bank of Omaha...my main card has been through them for over 25 years. Great Bank to work with. I use the Bronco card for all vehicle related purchases including gas.
Thanks for the info

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve used a credit card in the past to pay a large portion of my vehicle no problem; get the points and pay it off immediately. There was no mark-up for me doing this.

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Upfront points and promotions help but if I understand the reward system correctly, the credit card rewards are between 1% and 10% back in points. But points are worth very little in dollars.

If my math is wrong, please correct me.
Spending 1000 on Ford credit card earns 1% in points, or 10 points. 10 points is worth 5 cents.
If that 1000 were spent on eligible ford services, the reward is 10% in points, or 100 points, worth 50 cents.

If you use a card like Discover with 1% cashback, 1000 dollars in spending gives you 10 dollars cash.

It seems obvious that the better deal is a cash back card but maybe I'm missing something. I've never used a card that uses a point system. But they seem like the ticket system at the arcade. You get thousands of them but can't buy much with them.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to do this, but I've never received a CC with a 20k limit before. And my credit isn't half bad

Does the Ford CC have higher ceilings or something?
Mine wasn't a very high ceiling. I just put a little over 3K on it to hit the mark for the 11,000 points. I'm sort of gaming the system...

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Upfront points and promotions help but if I understand the reward system correctly, the credit card rewards are between 1% and 10% back in points. But points are worth very little in dollars.

If my math is wrong, please correct me.
Spending 1000 on Ford credit card earns 1% in points, or 10 points. 10 points is worth 5 cents.
If that 1000 were spent on eligible ford services, the reward is 10% in points, or 100 points, worth 50 cents.

If you use a card like Discover with 1% cashback, 1000 dollars in spending gives you 10 dollars cash.

It seems obvious that the better deal is a cash back card but maybe I'm missing something. I've never used a card that uses a point system. But they seem like the ticket system at the arcade. You get thousands of them but can't buy much with them.
I don't think that's how it works - at least, that's not how most points-systems work. When they say "earn 1% back in points" it means earn 1% of the value of the purchase back in points. So, 1% on $1000 is obviously $10. At 20 points for dollar, you'd earn 200 points for your $1000 purchase.

Disclaimer: I don't have a FordPass CC nor have I read the details of their program, but up front I'd guess this is the approach. It's how American Express, for example, advertises their points.
Sponsored