Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi there,
I’m running a Rough Country 7 inch lift on 40 inch tires on my outer banks. I just noticed my tie rods on both sides are rubbing against the coils of the shocks (only when I turn fully to each side). It seems to be only a slight rub… but still something I’d like to address. Anyone else run into this or have a fix idea?
Thanks
Sponsored

TrueReb13

Big Bend
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have you fixed this issue? If so, how? Just got mine installed with same set up and I have same issue

Daxe44

Outer Banks
First Name
Dax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is normal for the 7” lift. Because of the need for a drop down bracket for your LCAs in order to keep geometry, your tie rods sit much higher and will come in contact with the coils at full lock. Typically without the bracket your tie rod location sit below the coil and maintains enough distance from the strut to avoid this. You my be able to adjust the alignment enough to make enough room but with a standard spacer lift this is still not guaranteed. I purchased the full 7” vertex coilovers from rough country and replaced the stock strut and spacer directly. Their design gave me enough clearance to avoid the rubbing. Unfortunately though you will not be able to run an after market tie rod sleeve or upgraded tie rods as they will end of rubbing regardless. But without those the stock tie rods have plenty of room with the full coilovers. Ultimately though unless you are doing a ton of off-roading I wouldn’t be too concerned with the current rubbing issue. At the end of the day it’s just sliding across the front of the coil and not bending etc. hope that helps
Sponsored