Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like nice black clean tires on my rigs but I don’t like shiny, greasy tires that attract dust and dirt. Most products I’ve tried also bleed into the wheels and then those attract brake and road dust and quickly become dirty. I found a product last weekend that gives a good black look without the shine and once it dries after 15 to 20 minutes it doesn‘t seem to collect dust like other products. Sharing since I’ve seen a few posts on B6G asking for recommendations on a product like this. This level of care likely won’t last much longer but me and the Bronco are still in the honeymoon phase….

Anyway the product is Griot’s Garage Black Satin tire coating and I applied several days ago.

Ford Bronco Tire Black (not shine) C9686557-DA15-4446-8348-16CD7E2D4F67

Ford Bronco Tire Black (not shine) C46BC5D3-4AC2-481D-A983-6D35BD1B7EDE
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks good! I LOVE tire black and think a lot of people overlook it. One problem, is that I haven't found the perfect one that doesn't splatter everywhere. And dang, it's hard to get tire black off the paint. Did you notice any splattering from your tire black?

OP
OP

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good! I LOVE tire black and think a lot of people overlook it. One problem, is that I haven't found the perfect one that doesn't splatter everywhere. And dang, it's hard to get tire black off the paint. Did you notice any splattering from your tire black?
No splattering. I did wipe the beauty rings off with a microfiber towel and four days later my rims still look clean. It’s the first product I’ve used that didn’t get all over the rims and body a few days after being applied.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like nice black clean tires on my rigs but I don’t like shiny, greasy tires that attract dust and dirt. Most products I’ve tried also bleed into the wheels and then those attract brake and road dust and quickly become dirty. I found a product last weekend that gives a good black look without the shine and once it dries after 15 to 20 minutes it doesn‘t seem to collect dust like other products. Sharing since I’ve seen a few posts on B6G asking for recommendations on a product like this. This level of care likely won’t last much longer but me and the Bronco are still in the honeymoon phase….

Anyway the product is Griot’s Garage Black Satin tire coating and I applied several days ago.

I use the same product. By Far the best I have ever used. Customer for life.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A few moons ago I used to detail cars to pay my way through college. First, use Cerkote trim Black on any raw black plastics. Do this on day 1 before the even begin to fade.. The stuff is amazing and I’ve been using it for over a year on several cars. Each are still on their first application. My kids (formerly wife’s) Lincoln MKC got done in October 2021 and looks like I did it last week.

Second use the tire gel from armor all. You apply with an included foam pad. Again only thing I’ve found that lasts and looks right. Any tire shine can be applied and excess buffed off after five minutes to look Matte.

Sponsored

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the stuff too, here it is after a few days and a few hundred miles at the WI Super Cel.

Ford Bronco Tire Black (not shine) 1662511303198

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

carpro perl diluted 50/50 will achieve exactly as you describe, also excellent UV protection

Bad Andy

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 335I Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use “Tuff Shine” brand products. Use the tire cleaner first to remove all former silicon based dressings. Once the rubber is dry, use the foam applicator to apply a coat of “tuff shine”. 1 or 2 coats will give a non shiny seal. If you want glossy tires you can stack multiple coats to get the level of glossiness you like.

Works more like a sealant than a gel or coating. 2-3 coats will usually give you a month or two of protection. Once dry (20 minutes per coat) won‘t sling off or get all over everything. I found this stuff about 4 years ago and it works great.
Sponsored