Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll keep my eyes open for a spare tire delete kit.
9FAFECD2-56D8-493C-B64F-DFA51BF10054.jpeg
A26407BA-F604-4C7C-92DB-E23AEC64839E.jpeg
I intend to do the same. As you mentioned, I also can't remember the last time I needed it going back 30+ years. I have roadside assistance if I need it. If I'm hitting trails, then I will take it along. It just doesn't make sense for me to haul it around for my daily driving.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I intend to do the same. As you mentioned, I also can't remember the last time I needed it going back 30+ years. I have roadside assistance if I need it. If I'm hitting trails, then I will take it along. It just doesn't make sense for me to haul it around for my daily driving.
My current truck has never had a spare. I do a tire repair kit, a compressor and CAA (AAA) which is good enough for most of the time.

I'll likely have my spare on most of the time but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to leave it at home for day-to-day driving.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My current truck has never had a spare. I do a tire repair kit, a compressor and CAA (AAA) which is good enough for most of the time.

I'll likely have my spare on most of the time but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to leave it at home for day-to-day driving.
This thread had me thinking. Perhaps, I've just been lucky. But the last flat tire I had was back in the late 80's and that was because I drove a piece of crap and was cheap. The muffler's hanger had rotted away and I Jerry-rigged a clothes hanger to support it. I did a really poor job of that and it actually rubbed against the inside of my back tire eventually causing it to burn through causing a flat.

Sponsored

Willow

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just add them later. Aftermarket lights will be much better, regardless of the beam pattern you want.
Wonder if Badlands have built in wiring harness and auxiliary switch for fog lights from Aftermarket accessories?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What's the purpose of a spare tire cover? Keep out UVs and keep it short of clean? Honest question as I haven't owned a Wrangler.
Yes. UV kills rubber, along with other materials.

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What's the purpose of a spare tire cover? Keep out UVs and keep it short of clean? Honest question as I haven't owned a Wrangler.
The same reason people wear hats

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wonder if Badlands have built in wiring harness and auxiliary switch for fog lights from Aftermarket accessories?
Not sure of the wiring harness but Badlands does have the overhead Aux switches (6).

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just regular driving will deposit plenty of dirt on the wheel/tire and one more PITA to keep clean.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think that my '87 Bronco II had one, but my subsequent Wrangler did not. I don't think it really has any practical purpose, just looks. Seems like they were more of an '80's thing for Broncos because I don't remember them being much of a thing for the EB.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd rather have this than a rear tire delete or tire cover.

Screenshot_20201121-215641_Google.jpg
Sponsored