Sponsored

Tire Options

• Thread starter Deleted member 16780
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 16780

After seeing all the photos I have come to the conclusion that I (IMO) just do not like the look of the standard 32" tires.
I was considering the Badlands with 33", but that's way too much $$ in 4x4 upgrades for me.

I have a "reservation" for the BD, but now I'm leaning to a BB with the manual, or the BB with mid and 2.7.
That way I can get the LED lights, cactus gray, and keep the price down for a very occasional off-roader, but daily commuter.

My plan is to immediately switch out the standard tires with 33" Toyo ATIII Open Country's.
IMO, they look a lot better (more "aggressive" in tire parlance) last a lot longer, are quieter, and can still handle common trails, sand, snow, etc.

Short of the factory letting me get the vehicle without tires, what are the best options?
Can the Big Bend handle 33" or larger? Thank you for any advice.
Sponsored

Scooter

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I only want to run one set of tires year round. I thought the Nokian Rotiiva AT would be good. It looks like the Toyo ATIII Open Country's are a better choice. Are they still doing the Walnut Shells in the tires.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16780

I only want to run one set of tires year round. I thought the Nokian Rotiiva AT would be good. It looks like the Toyo ATIII Open Country's are a better choice. Are they still doing the Walnut Shells in the tires.
On the AT III's I am unsure, they are relatively new, and have an updated formula. They still get killer ice/snow reviews so perhaps...

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

After seeing all the photos I have come to the conclusion that I (IMO) just do not like the look of the standard 32" tires.
I was considering the Badlands with 33", but that's way too much $$ in 4x4 upgrades for me.

I have a "reservation" for the BD, but now I'm leaning to a BB with the manual, or the BB with mid and 2.7.
That way I can get the LED lights, cactus gray, and keep the price down for a very occasional off-roader, but daily commuter.

My plan is to immediately switch out the standard tires with 33" Toyo ATIII Open Country's.
IMO, they look a lot better (more "aggressive" in tire parlance) last a lot longer, are quieter, and can still handle common trails, sand, snow, etc.

Short of the factory letting me get the vehicle without tires, what are the best options?
Can the Big Bend handle 33" or larger? Thank you for any advice.
Check out all the gear ratio threads to understand the implications.
Sponsored