Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The stock Badland tire is the BFG AT T/A KO2. They sell for $1250 for five.
The upgrade Wrangler Territory MT 33" sell for $1375 for five.
Ford wants $695 upgrade for the 33" MT's....... Why? There is $125 difference between them.
Sponsored

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep - now do the math on the sasquatch package for the Badlands.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The stock Badland tire is the BFG AT T/A KO2. They sell for $1250 for five.
The upgrade Wrangler Territory MT 33" sell for $1375 for five.
Ford wants $695 upgrade for the 33" MT's....... Why? There is $125 difference between them.
It’s not just the increased tire cost, but also the wheel cost.

Also the fact that it’s just a lower volume option. Lower volume options typically cost more to manufacture overall.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep - now do the math on the sasquatch package for the Badlands.
I’m going to ride my 33” until they are done on my non Sas BL. Then I will decide to put 35”s on, or not. All I would need is a minor lift and new fender flares to make it Sas? Oh and remove those crash bars? Or, is there more to it? Thanks!

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s not just the increased tire cost, but also the wheel cost.

Also the fact that it’s just a lower volume option. Lower volume options typically cost more to manufacture overall.
Same wheel in my example. Obviously it doesn't cost more to produce the GY MT since my pricing example shows very little difference in price. If Tire Rack can sell the GY MT for $125 more per five then you would expect that Ford would get it at a better price than the retailers since they are the ones that got GY to build it in the first place

Looks like for me I am better off getting the stock AT's and then get another set of beadlock rims and tires for my off roading.

I am also not paying $216 per beadlock rings for the $995 option beadlock capable rims.
I can get some nice Method beadlocks for around $550 each...

Sponsored

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My favorite wheel is the standard Badlands version. After I wear out the originals I might go to a 34 but doubtful. Not a fan of the 35 squatch stance on a two door. I also want to keep my crash bars. I did see a company selling a lift that included modified (trimmed) crash bars.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same wheel in my example. Obviously it doesn't cost more to produce the GY MT since my pricing example shows very little difference in price. If Tire Rack can sell the GY MT for $125 more per five then you would expect that Ford would get it at a better price than the retailers since they are the ones that got GY to build it in the first place
I feel like I'm missing something...
  • The stock 33" all-terrains come standard with the gray-painted aluminum wheel.
  • The 33" mud-terrains come with black high-gloss painted aluminum wheel. It is impossible to get the mud-terrains with the gray-painted aluminum wheel.
  • The 35" mud-terrains are obviously the Sasquatch package.
---

EDIT: Ohhhhh wait... I'm dumb. You can get the black high-gloss painted wheel with the all-terrains. I didn't know that.

Now I understand what you're saying.... and I completely agree. Time to email my dealer to modify my order.

Last edited:

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is definitely gouging us. Then again if you want a larger 33” that is 6 pounds lighter and a IMO better looking tread, along with better off and on road characteristics, this seem to softens things a bit.

They chose this tire to showcase the Bronco not to hold it back. That said we don’t know the durability of these tires yet.

Still cheaper than buying the K02’s and replacing them with the MT’s if you prefer these benefits. $695 won’t get you five tires delivered, mounted and balanced.

Sponsored
OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We’re paying for Wrangler being removed from the tire.
Nope..... same tire is cheaper
Ford is definitely gouging us. Then again if you want a larger 33” that is 6 pounds lighter and a IMO better looking tread, along with better off and on road characteristics, this seem to softens things a bit.

They chose this tire to showcase the Bronco not to hold it back. That said we don’t know the durability of these tires yet.

Still cheaper than buying the K02’s and replacing them with the MT’s if you prefer these benefits. $695 won’t get you five tires delivered, mounted and balanced.
My plan is to take the stock BFG AT's for daily drivers then get some new beadlock rims and some good offroad/ snow tires...

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dealer has the 32” MTs on a Badlands next to a Wildtrak. I have to admit, it has me questioning the standard 33” KOs. Those 35s look a lot better, more than I was expecting.

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m going to ride my 33” until they are done on my non Sas BL. Then I will decide to put 35”s on, or not. All I would need is a minor lift and new fender flares to make it Sas? Oh and remove those crash bars? Or, is there more to it? Thanks!
I don't believe a lift is required (desired, perhaps). There is another bump stop to limit travel on the full Squatch - and the crash bar removal you note.

But I think you could get by with larger tires/different offset wheels alone.

Someone smarter than I can correct me.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't believe a lift is required (desired, perhaps). There is another bump stop to limit travel on the full Squatch - and the crash bar removal you note.

But I think you could get by with larger tires/different offset wheels alone.

Someone smarter than I can correct me.
The Badlands trim has about a 0.7" lift over base... and the Sasquatch package is about a 1.1" lift over base.

I'd personally put a 1" spacer in if I was putting 35s on a Black Diamond. It may not strictly be required, but chances are if I'm putting on 35s I'm looking to do some moderately serious off roading.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nope..... same tire is cheaper

My plan is to take the stock BFG AT's for daily drivers then get some new beadlock rims and some good offroad/ snow tires...

BFG AT's are pretty good off road and snow tires. Not the best for deep mud. Personally, I'd choose the 33" BFG AT's over 33" Territory's.
Sponsored