Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey All,
I have read through SO many threads and websites and still am just not understanding what type of tire to go with. I am confused when it comes to load range? Ply?? C, D, E????
Heres what I am looking for, maybe you all can help me out:
285/70r17. Something that looks good. Ill be driving this as my daily, and will be on road 90% of the time, but want the ability to go on light trails when needed.

*Edit to add: I have 4 door OBX on order arriving in Sept
Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have these on my wife's OBX, You will lose some mpg's but they ride great on pavement and trails, Load Range C. I also have this same tire in a 35" for my Wildtrak

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2&partnum=87SR7KO2V2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Ford Bronco Tire Recommendations - 285/70r17 1661385102575

You can think of ply/load range as how many "layers" the tire has. The higher the "layers" the stiffer the tire and the less bumps it will absorb(bouncy ride). Load Range C is good for the Bronco unless you are doing extreme rock crawling. Here is a good article

https://www.americastire.com/learn/load-range-load-index?storeCode=1043

Last edited:

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Also the OBX comes stock with 18" wheels right? If so you may want to look into a 285/65/18 if you are planning on keeping the stock wheels.

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have these on my wife's OBX, You will lose some mpg's but they ride great on pavement and trails, Load Range C. I also have this same tire in a 35" for my Wildtrak

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2&partnum=87SR7KO2V2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Ford Bronco Tire Recommendations - 285/70r17 1661385102575

You can think of ply/load range as how many "layers" the tire has. The higher the "layers" the stiffer the tire and the less bumps it will absorb(bouncy ride). Load Range C is good for the Bronco unless you are doing extreme rock crawling. Here is a good article

https://www.americastire.com/learn/load-range-load-index?storeCode=1043
This was super helpful- thank you so much

Sponsored

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also the OBX comes stock with 18" wheels right? If so you may want to look into a 285/65/18 if you are planning on keeping the stock wheels.
I have actually decided to go with the 17in Icon Compression wheels in Bronze with a +25 offset. Hoping it all works out lol

OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have actually decided to go with the 17in Icon Compression wheels in Bronze with a +25 offset. Hoping it all works out lol

Whats the width of the wheel?

I went with 17x8 +18 and 285/70/17. No lift, Zero rubbing and crash bars in place. Here is a pic

Ford Bronco Tire Recommendations - 285/70r17 IMG_5141

mikedege

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I chose my upgrade to 285/70/17, I had to have "C" or "SL(standard load)" because I wanted the tire most suited for daily driving. "E" load I had on my last truck and it was extra bumpy, I didn't enjoy the day to day driving.
I ended up choosing the Toyo Open Country AT3 and really love them. BFG's are another great choice. As well as the Falken Wildpeaks. Those were my top 3. I ended up choosing the Toyos mostly because I had the BFGs in the past, and wanted to try something new. So far, they are great tires. I think out of those 3, you cant go wrong. imo....

Good luck,
Mike

Sponsored
OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I chose my upgrade to 285/70/17, I had to have "C" or "SL(standard load)" because I wanted the tire most suited for daily driving. "E" load I had on my last truck and it was extra bumpy, I didn't enjoy the day to day driving.
I ended up choosing the Toyo Open Country AT3 and really love them. BFG's are another great choice. As well as the Falken Wildpeaks. Those were my top 3. I ended up choosing the Toyos mostly because I had the BFGs in the past, and wanted to try something new. So far, they are great tires. I think out of those 3, you cant go wrong. imo....

Good luck,
Mike
Awesome, this gives me a jumping off point. I was seeing lots of recommendations for the Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Toyo Open Country AT3, and the Falken Wildpeaks!

OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh cool, they should fit great. The poke will be 0.7mm more than what you see on my OBX I uploaded aka not bad but def a more aggressive stance

Ford Bronco Tire Recommendations - 285/70r17 IMG_5142
Yours looks great- if its too much I guess I can always order sas flares!

83XLT

Big Bend
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 EG Big Bend 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you're weight conscious, check the weight of the tires you want before you buy...I almost bought the Wildpeaks but they are 15# more than some of the other popular tires at the same size (285/70/17). It's not just extra weight on your ride, it's weight on the axle that your engine has to rotate.
Sponsored