Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I too have question and rather than make a new thread, mind if I jump in on this one?

I have a non SAS Big Bend.

I would like to buy Wildtrak pull off wheels. I see some for sale with no TPMS.

When I get enough miles on my current BB Duellers, I would then think about KO2s tires on my purchased WT wheels.

So couple of questions:

Can I swap my BB Wheel to the WT wheel? Is the no TPMS an issue?

Will I need a lift and/or remove crash bars?

Thx in advance.
Sponsored

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Easiest is going to reputable tire shop. There are so many variations that everyone runs on here. Im not talking about walmart. You could even call tirerack. They are pretty knowledgable. Mine are 315/70/17 on big bend. Crash bars removed. No rub lock to lock. About an inch of poke. +25 offset rim

6C792CF7-BD38-4054-B2BC-68C17BBA71E9.jpeg

E06FCD71-1D28-49C1-921D-71A403CB0477.jpeg
What are those wheels? They look super mean.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IMG_3328.jpeg
IMG_3366.jpeg
IMG_3318.jpeg

We put 35x12.5 on ours... 2" lift.
This is what confuses me, I looked up this tire and noting you have the stock OBX rim which is 18x7.5 with a +55mm offset. The specifications say the width should be 8.5"-11". How does this work within the realm of not being a legal lawsuit waiting to happen. Dont get me wrong, I love the look, but according to this found on tirerack.com……It shouldn't.

Ford Bronco Tires and Wheels. Educate Me. 1664224598142

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
1- you need TPMS or you will get a warning light on your dash
2 - Whether you need to remove the crash bars will depend on the tire size you are planning to run

I too have question and rather than make a new thread, mind if I jump in on this one?

I have a non SAS Big Bend.

I would like to buy Wildtrak pull off wheels. I see some for sale with no TPMS.

When I get enough miles on my current BB Duellers, I would then think about KO2s tires on my purchased WT wheels.

So couple of questions:

Can I swap my BB Wheel to the WT wheel? Is the no TPMS an issue?

Will I need a lift and/or remove crash bars?

Thx in advance.

GoobertownDaddy

Base
First Name
Murphy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2004 JEEP WRANGLER, 2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is what confuses me, I looked up this tire and noting you have the stock OBX rim which is 18x7.5 with a +55mm offset. The specifications say the width should be 8.5"-11". How does this work within the realm of not being a legal lawsuit waiting to happen. Dont get me wrong, I love the look, but according to this found on tirerack.com……It shouldn't.

Ford Bronco Tires and Wheels. Educate Me. 1664224598142
I know... I saw another guy in my town that had the same set up and he said it was working good for him... This rig will not be climbing rocks or going through rice fields or creeks. it probably could but won't. But it looks badass. I'll keep you informed on how they're doing. here's the one I based mine on...
Ford Bronco Tires and Wheels. Educate Me. IMG_3257

Sponsored

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1- you need TPMS or you will get a warning light on your dash
2 - Whether you need to remove the crash bars will depend on the tire size you are planning to run
Can I just use the TPMS from my existing wheel?

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know... I saw another guy in my town that had the same set up and he said it was working good for him... This rig will not be climbing rocks or going through rice fields or creeks. it probably could but won't. But it looks badass. I'll keep you informed on how they're doing. here's the one I based mine on...
Ford Bronco Tires and Wheels. Educate Me. IMG_3257
I powder coated my rims. I hated this machine face look.

392121-c40cf6944551f2eb031b4e24f6b00719.jpg

IMG_4698 (1).jpeg

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

1664224598142.jpeg
This is something you need to decide for yourself. Lots of people put wider tires on rims that aren’t supposed to be suited for them, and I really don’t hear about too many problems with it - legally or mechanically. I know some tire shops won’t mount them, while other shops will, so that’s something to think about.

Personally, I tend to keep within suggested parameters, so nothing wider than 11.5” on a 7.5” wheel.

We’re putting new tires on our stock BD next month, and we’re going with 285/75-17, which are almost 34” and just over 11” wide. And for the OP and his OBX, you can run a 285/70-18, which is nearly identical to that size. I think it’s the ideal size for non-Sas rims with no lift kit…

I powder coated my rims. I hated this machine face look.
I love black powder coated OBX rims! (and Badlands rims, which are very similar…) Looks so much better… 😎

Last edited:

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a non SAS OBX.

Educate me on Rim Size and Tire Size. Do the rims and the tire need to be the same size? Example, what size rim do you need if you run 33's, 35's? if the 35 number the width of the tire at the tread or the base of the tire that bead goes onto the rim?

I have never quite understood or been able to find the right info on what size tire beyond OEM would fit on the stock rims? Can I go with a bigger tire without getting a bigger rim? I have seen threads and pics of rims/tires but just don't fully understand.

If this is redundant, my apologies. I know there are threads out there with Tires/Wheels but I just don't fully understand it. Thanks.

How much bigger of a rim/tire can you get on a non SAS without rubbing?
It mostly depends on width. I can put monster truck tires on any rim but width is the limiting factor.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Another good site if you haven't found it already is the Wheel Offset calculator.

https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/
The offset is based off the rim, so its whatever the RIM is produced for. I get confused when people talk about offset, so I didnt understand how to change this. You have to buy new rims to get the offset you are looking for.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs