Sponsored

Educate me. Pizza cutter vs Sasquach style. Pros and cons.

BoatMan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Time to revive this thread now that its winter. I noticed that BF Goodrich makes a 34x10.5R17 tire. They may be the perfect winter setup for a Sasquatch equipped Bronco. I'm thinking of either going with that tire or go with Cooper Discover AT3 XLT in a 285/75R17. Both tires are very close in diameter to the stock 315/70R17 Good Years, but will likely do better in snow.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Time to revive this thread now that its winter. I noticed that BF Goodrich makes a 34x10.5R17 tire. They may be the perfect winter setup for a Sasquatch equipped Bronco. I'm thinking of either going with that tire or go with Cooper Discover AT3 XLT in a 285/75R17. Both tires are very close in diameter to the stock 315/70R17 Good Years, but will likely do better in snow.
I almost ordered those KO2…but, they’re $400 a piece and E rated.

The BEAST!

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 door Bronco Big Bend Advanced/Sasquatch 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There has been a lot of good advice on here but some of the advice is only good to a point. Generally speaking, more surface contact with the pavement is better, which means wider tires are generally better in most circumstances, even in hard-packed snow and ice. If the snow you are driving on is slushy or loose, then narrower tires with lots of siping are better. I have never had any issues driving on ice (which is mostly what we get in Missouri) and snow on 35" X/T tires. People will be just fine with the Max Traction tires that come with the Sasquatch package.
Gotta disagree with you that wider tires are better on hard pack snow and ice. You want more weight per tire pushing down, not flotation of a wider tire. Wide tires are truly only an advantage in a few specific situations where that flotation is desirable. The rest of the time, a narrower tire is going to provide superior traction and tracking. I know from running both options which works better. Specifically, I ran 35x17x10.5 Kenda Klever rt tires after running a few other brands of 12.5" wide tires. It was eye opening how much better the 10.5" wide tires actually are in over 95% of driving situations!

Last edited:

The BEAST!

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not a bad looking tire ?
I ran those on my RAM 1500 and the difference in traction and handling vs the 35x12.5x17 was astonishing! So was the difference in overall handling. I can't stress enough how much better a 10.5" wide tires is vs 12.5". I'm going to be running them on my Bronco or a similar sized Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT.

Sponsored

Jmanly

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the 35 10.50 17 Kenda Klevers on my non SAS Badlands. Stock wheels, no spacers needed. Only put a leveling lift on. No rubbing at all. They are great on and off road. Smooth and quiet.

20231118_135243.jpg

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have the 35 10.50 17 Kenda Klevers on my non SAS Badlands. Stock wheels, no spacers needed. Only put a leveling lift on. No rubbing at all. They are great on and off road. Smooth and quiet.

Ford Bronco Educate me.  Pizza cutter vs Sasquach style.  Pros and cons. 20231118_135243
Great looking rig! Love the pic!

The BEAST!

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What is the weight on these?
I believe that these are 73 lbs each. Very durable design unlike the Sasquatch tires which are ultralight and ultra quick to puncture. I've had two warrantied in the last year of ownership.

Sponsored

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe that these are 73 lbs each. Very durable design unlike the Sasquatch tires which are ultralight and ultra quick to puncture. I've had two warrantied in the last year of ownership.
Sasquatch tires weigh 52 lbs, i.e., 21 lbs. less unsprung weight *per wheel*. That’s killing gas, stopping distance, and wear on suspension components. I don’t care if a tire is completely indestructible and can drive across fire or whatever, at that weight difference it does not make any sense to me.

The BEAST!

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sasquatch tires weigh 52 lbs, i.e., 21 lbs. less unsprung weight *per wheel*. That’s killing gas, stopping distance, and wear on suspension components. I don’t care if a tire is completely indestructible and can drive across fire or whatever, at that weight difference it does not make any sense to me.
I definitely agree with you on the benefits of a much lighter tire! I'm actually going to end up running the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT which is only 64 lbs and is 10" wide vs the 10.5 " Kenda Klever rt. Just gotta save my pennies now! Damn cancer treatments are cutting into my work schedule!
Sponsored

Last edited: