First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was following a jeep this morning that was running 325/65R18 and I really liked the look as they seemed much wider than typical 35s but I was surprised to see they are only a fraction of an inch wider. Maybe it had wider wheels which made the overall look thicker or maybe I'm just imagining it?

Anyway, I liked the look and might consider that for a replacement on my Bronco.

Any possible issues running the slightly wider tires? I guess if the upper control arms are already tight, you might need a bit different offset. What wheel width would work best with 325/65?

Ford Bronco Pros/cons of 325/65R18 325-65-r18
Sponsored

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Potential rubbing with a wider tire? It’s not a huge difference but something to watch for.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's virtually the same. .2" wider both inside and outside and .1" taller.

Only difference is it needs an 18" wheel.

OP
OP
Virtual-Chris

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder why it looked so much more beefy and aggressive. Maybe I was just imagining it?

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder why it looked so much more beefy and aggressive. Maybe I was just imagining it?
Were they the same brand of tires? Some (obviously) look more aggressive than others. When I bought my Grand Cherokee and swapped out the OEM tires with Duratracs in the same size, it was night and day difference in the look. Also, since this is a 17” vs. 18” wheel that likely plays a factor too.

OP
OP
Virtual-Chris

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Were they the same brand of tires? Some (obviously) look more aggressive than others. When I bought my Grand Cherokee and swapped out the OEM tires with Duratracs in the same size, it was night and day difference in the look. Also, since this is a 17” vs. 18” wheel that likely plays a factor too.
They were Goodyear Wranglers. Looked good but not super knobby MT. I guess I’d have to see 325/65R18 side by side with Squatch setup before concluding they looked way wider.

OP
OP
Virtual-Chris

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interestingly, the popularity of 17” is working against tire buyers these days. I searched several tire stores in Canada today to see what the price difference was and although the 315/70R17 was cheaper everywhere by $50-$100, it was completely sold out. 325/65R18 were readily available. But we live in strange times.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Interestingly, the popularity of 17” is working against tire buyers these days. I searched several tire stores in Canada today to see what the price difference was and although the 315/70R17 was cheaper everywhere by $50-$100, it was completely sold out. 325/65R18 were readily available. But we live in strange times.
That is temporary, by the time your first set of tires wear out the shortages will be behind us.