Sponsored

LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires?

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like many of you, I have gone back and forth the last few months In regards 33” or 35” on the Badlands.

It really comes down to what you individually like and I DO NOT WANT TO BE LOOKING UP TO ANY OTHER 35” Broncos. Lol

This is my 50th B-DAY present to myself and I can care less about MPG. I want a higher ride and higher clearance!!

Can’t wait!!! BE READY FOR ANYTHING!!!

What do you guys thinks? Upgrade or not????
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like many of you, I have gone back and forth the last few months In regards 33” or 35” on the Badlands.

It really comes down to what you individually like and I DO NOT WANT TO BE LOOKING UP TO ANY OTHER 35” Broncos. Lol

This is my 50th B-DAY present to myself and I can care less about MPG. I want a higher ride and higher clearance!!

37's. If you don't want to look up to anyone. Saw them on a gladiator. Wow.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you think you will regret going with the smaller tires the first time you pull up to a Sasquatch Bronco, get a Sasquatch. It’s less $$ upgrade than on other trims. The Bronco looks better on 35s. I’m getting a Basemansquatch

LimitlessTruth

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Totoya Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, was on SAS, then I thought 33" with Bilstein stock on BL was enough then I went back to 35" SAS. At this point the 32-33" tires look to small to me. I wanted the bigger package originally so I'm back.

In the future I might swap to 35" all-terrain, guess we will see what the future holds but I'd like to be ready for it from the factory cause I'm not experienced enough with modding aftermarket.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it comes down to personal preference, but after seeing this picture and how much higher the 33" sit over the 4Runner, which is already a really really tall vehicle, I am content with the 33's

2021-ford-bronco-badlands-cyber-orange-9-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it comes down to personal preference, but after seeing this picture and how much higher the 33" sit over the 4Runner, which is already a really really tall vehicle, I am content with the 33's

2021-ford-bronco-badlands-cyber-orange-9-jpg.jpg
Shit...yhwt isn't Photoshoped is it??

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm a couple years older than you. I don't care about mpg either. I want a higher ride and clearance too, but I'm sticking with the Badlands 33s. I'm not going to crawl huge boulders, so the 33s should be plenty for getting me most any place I dare venture.

Most of my driving will be on roads and highways. I like to go fast and zip around in traffic. I want a responsive, quick ride. 35s will be poor at this. Braking, acceleration and handling gets worse as tire size goes up. There will be a noticeable difference between 33s and 35s. If you do the Rubicon trail every weekend, get 35s. If you don't then you simply want 35s to look cool. BTW, I'm getting optional beadlocks and optional Territory's. They look fantastic imo and cost 68% of the Sasquatch upgrade (and look better!).

I'm short and have been looking up at people my whole life. I won't mind looking up at the occasional vehicle that's taller than my Badlands.

One last thing: Ford still has not clarified the difference between Badlands and Sasquatch suspensions, lift, etc. I think it is clear that Badlands has about 1.57" more travel than Sasquatch which I like. Squatching a Badlands will give you less articulation. This is a reason I'm thinking of the Warthog. That vehicle will have the suspension AND travel that those big tires need.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm skipping Sasquatch on my Badlands and going aftermarket lift and at least 35's, prefereably 37's.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you think you will regret going with the smaller tires the first time you pull up to a Sasquatch Bronco, get a Sasquatch. It’s less $$ upgrade than on other trims. The Bronco looks better on 35s. I’m getting a Basemansquatch
I'm Canada, going Squatch on BL is ¢4000...and $1750 for the auto. ?

Sponsored

IARubicon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I own a current generation Wrangler, and I owned the previous one as well. The Bronco is very comparable in size. 35" aftermarket tires on the Wrangler look perfect - not too big, not too small. I'm sure it will be the same on the Bronco.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a couple years older than you. I don't care about mpg either. I want a higher ride and clearance too, but I'm sticking with the Badlands 33s. I'm not going to crawl huge boulders, so the 33s should be plenty for getting me most any place I dare venture.

Most of my driving will be on roads and highways. I like to go fast and zip around in traffic. I want a responsive, quick ride. 35s will be poor at this. Braking, acceleration and handling gets worse as tire size goes up. There will be a noticeable difference between 33s and 35s. If you do the Rubicon trail every weekend, get 35s. If you don't then you simply want 35s to look cool. BTW, I'm getting optional beadlocks and optional Territory's. They look fantastic imo and cost 68% of the Sasquatch upgrade (and look better!).

I'm short and have been looking up at people my whole life. I won't mind looking up at the occasional vehicle that's taller than my Badlands.

One last thing: Ford still has not clarified the difference between Badlands and Sasquatch suspensions, lift, etc. I think it is clear that Badlands has about 1.57" more travel than Sasquatch which I like. Squatching a Badlands will give you less articulation. This is a reason I'm thinking of the Warthog. That vehicle will have the suspension AND travel that those big tires need.
Great points. This is the reason why I posted this tread to begin with. I agree with all of your points and I do feel like the optional beadblock with the BFG tires look nice as well. Do you think the $1,000 is worth going from 33” BGF to 33” MT?

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm torn on this too. Absolutely love the Sasquatch look, but can say with certainty I won't need it.

Will compromised mpg, road feel, replacement cost, etc be worth it for looks alone? Probably not...but maybe?

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

if you really want 35’s, get them you’ll be happy since this truck was designed from the factory For them.

I’m still leaning 33’s on stock wheels as KO2’s are such good road tires and I really like the stock wheels as seen in the cyber orange picture. If every one of my neighbors had a Sasquatch I might get jealous, but drivability, mpg, even just parking will be easier on the 33’s.

Side note: I still think the B&P is wrong and we’ll find out soon that the upgrade for the 2.7l is NOT only $300 and instead the full $1,895 on top of the $1.500 automatic transmission. I can’t do both Sasquatch plus another $1,900 for bigger engine, so no Sasquatch for me if that turns out to be true.
Sponsored