First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I lucked into a 2021 Outerbanks a year ago and love it. 2.3, soft top, non-sasquatch. I've put 23k miles on it so far. I bought it last January and also ordered a '22 Black Diamond at that time that is exactly what I want; 2.7, hard top, sassy. I called and still have an order and was told by 2 reps allllll the parts have been allocated for it. chips and all but no build date. Currently, KBB gives me a trade in value of 47k and a private party of about 53k and I owe 34k. I have 2 questions- Are people actually getting these numbers? Still selling well above MSRP. And my second question: Should I sell now and buy something else in the mean time to try and sell high, or wait and get a great trade in whenever mine is built? I could sell now and if people are actually getting these value, I could buy a cheap commuter with the profit and still maybe have some for a down payment on the bronco yet to be built. Any advise? Comments? Smart Remarks? Thanks yall!
Sponsored

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i dont think youll be getting above MSRP on a trade or selling as more and more dealers are selling them for MSRP. I found 5 recently and ( i bought two) but three others are still on the lots and its been easily a week since they been on the lot to give you an idea of general demand. Theres dealers still thinking 10k over msrp is gonna happen and I feel bad for people who pay it. Just go to carmax and see what you could get for the car. I use carmax as my barometer for used prices as I know its what I could get in cash for the car. Trading it in also gets you tax break on the new vehicle so thats something to consider if its close to msrp you could possibly make up the taxes spent on the initial purchase. But I would be happy if I only lost a few k in a year trading in a bronco by 2024.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I called and still have an order and was told by 2 reps allllll the parts have been allocated for it. chips and all but no build date.
Do you have a VIN? If not, this is some grade A "my dealer said..." nonsense

If you were looking to sell high, you missed the boat by 6 months or so. A Non-Squatch OBX 2.3 floppy top with 23k miles is not going to command any type of premium. Try getting a quote from one of the online buying services for a reality check.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
OBX soft top is not commanding any sort of premium. Dealers can fill the lots with those. 2-doors, 4-door hard tops, and Wildtracks are about the only thing that gets a premium any more.

That being said, get as many offers as you can.

OP
OP
cwbolyard

cwbolyard

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you have a VIN? If not, this is some grade A "my dealer said..." nonsense

If you were looking to sell high, you missed the boat by 6 months or so. A Non-Squatch OBX 2.3 floppy top with 23k miles is not going to command any type of premium. Try getting a quote from one of the online buying services for a reality check.
I dont have a vin and it was a dealer that told me my order was cancelled so I called ford and ford told me that I have an order and my parts are allocated, not the dealer. Wouldnt trust the dealer

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so I called ford and ford told me that I have an order and my parts are allocated
Ahh okay, so it is some "customer service said..." nonsense.
If true, CS would also be able to give you a VIN number. Call them back or use their chat feature to verify. If you don't have a VIN then no parts have been allocated to build your Bronco.

Also, you said you ordered a MY22 last January. Did you re-order for a MY23?

OP
OP
cwbolyard

cwbolyard

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you re-order for a MY23?
Ahh okay, so it is some "customer service said..." nonsense.
If true, CS would also be able to give you a VIN number. Call them back or use their chat feature to verify. If you don't have a VIN then no parts have been allocated to build your Bronco.

Also, you said you ordered a MY22 last January. Did you re-order for a MY23?
Yes I did reorder through my dealer and converted by 22 to 23

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you talking about selling the one you have with 23k on it? If thats the case no chance you will get that money. Not even close.You can get that spec'd vehicle off the lot now brand new at that cost. Boat sailed on that.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Drive it till your BD arrives. You love it, so you already know having a Bronco is half the battle.
Sponsored