First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interested story if you are looking for kill a few minutes. I picked up a Bronco Badlands, 4 door, 2.7, SAS, mid, and hardtop on Friday from Laura Ford (Missouri) after a reservation holder declined to purchase it (MSRP only). The Bronco popped up on Cars.com and like the hundred of others I’ve emailed about, I expected it to be sold or have 10k mark up. The salesman (Jayme) called me and said they would take a 48 hour deposit at MSRP plus the ordered accessories (safe, bags) and paint/interior treatment. I told him sure. Hopped on a plane the next morning and drove 9 hours back to Texas.
I reserved a Bronco on Day 1 and my salesman did not convert the order in March of 21 (I waited until last minute to email build). I eventually reordered Nov 2021. I am still waiting on that order. Now I am thinking I’ll change my Black Diamond to an Outter Banks with Lux package. The Badlands SAS is more off rod worthy than I want or need as the Bronco is a commuter and weekend vehicle ti hunting and fishing spots. So the dilemma is do I keep and drive for the next year or sell now. If I keep it, I’ll put quieter tires in and soundproof it. The Badlands SAS has a touch too much tire noise for me. I will say the top construction and general fitment of roof and body panels, as well as interior assembly is so much better than the early Broncos I drove.

Ford Bronco To keep or sell… 2958561A-60D0-41FA-864B-92065539835A

Ford Bronco To keep or sell… F33580FF-AD41-4B51-B0D8-B40BDA0B067F

Ford Bronco To keep or sell… DCE3CE52-41D0-43FF-9158-A01B1877B80D

Ford Bronco To keep or sell… B545AEA1-857E-4976-B32C-6004B01D41BE
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Other than the extra doors and the missing pedal on the floor, I think it looks great.

Sad to see all these people not taking their orders when some of us have been waiting for so long to get one. I guess we should stop bitching about the dealers. They are not the only ones stinking up the show.

OP
OP

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep, I owe a thanks to guy who passed on it.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Up to you obviously.

But yes... it sounds like you would be better suited in an Outer Banks with the Lux package. Outer Banks has a little more creature comforts (like optional leather), and if you skip the Sasquatch package you'll pick up a little MPG improvement and a lower the noise level. Probably better overall for you since it will be your commuter vehicle.

If terms of whether you flip or sell... that's up to you. But I will say if you flip now you have a chance to get above MSRP. We don't know what the automobile market will be when your Outer Banks comes in, so you may take a small hit, hard to say.

It also depends on if you had to finance this Bronco. If you did and your rate was bad, may be a good idea to try to get out of the loan now and potentially give yourself some extra cash to put down on the Outer Banks when it does come in.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Put it out to vroom, caravan etc for a quote, and see what they will give you. The days of easy profit are fast disappearing, as more and more dealers are selling new at way lower markups, and occasionally at MSRP as u got.

Sponsored

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Funny, I live in MO and flew to TX to buy my BB. Same story, cancelled order, MSRP deal, email was only contact until after deal was struck. I would probably flip now. Enjoy.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The time for flipping is closing in. You have to take taxes into account.

Evans67bro

Black Diamond
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 67Bronco,2022 BD,2023 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your flipping window is closing really quickly. I would drive it then trade it in when the one you ordered comes in. You will still get a good number for a trade in being a pretty loaded Badlands with SAS. I also really agree that the more recent broncos have a better fit and finish than the early ones. MY Badlands was built in August my wife's Black diamond was built in May and there is way less rattles and better fit and finish in my Badlands. There is a much bigger difference compared to some of the 2021 I have been around.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m impatiently waiting on a Black Diamond, so I guess the Badlands isn’t so much of a stretch for me. I’d be happy if the same thing happened to me. I’d go with rubber that makes you happy, drive it till the fuss dies down and trade it when you can go a lot that has what you want. Rumor has it dealer stock Outerbanks with few options are out there if you look. Might be sooner than you think, but having a Bronco is more than half the battle.

OP
OP

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have to love the Bronco resale. Traded it to dealer for 4k more than I paid and got my Taxes ($3600) covered in trade credit. I’ll revisit the bronco again when my original order comes in. The Badlands SAS has too much highway noise for me to do business on the Bluetooth.

Ford Bronco To keep or sell… 18CEC1AA-E3E6-47A3-B7CC-CF6075E68D98
Sponsored

Last edited: