First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Initial order 9/3/21. Pushed to 22 model 10/13/21 reorder. Was advised by dealer the hard top/tow package was not a hindrance on 22s. Now I see it still is. Anyone in same position?
Sponsored

filup01

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I donā€™t necessarily have an answer to your question but if all 2 door Broncoā€™s come standard with the hardtop, does that mean all 2 door Bronco production is slowed or is this hardtop issue just for 4 doors?

When I ordered my 2-door BD, my dealer told me the same thing plus the manual transmission will slow things as well (which I did order on my 2-door because I wanted to keep it simple and $1500 cheaper).

As far as the tow package, this was my thinking:
The Bronco can only tow 3500 pounds. If it comes from the factory with the tow package, it will have a 7-pin connector for the trailer as well as a 4-pin. Since the 7-pin is only used for trailers with brakes, I couldnā€™t think of any trailer on the planet that weighed 3500 lbs and had electric trailer brakes. Iā€™m sure there is one but if I add a trailer hitch and the 4-pin wiring at the dealer, it will potentially save me 6 months of waiting. That was my logic anyway so I passed on the trailer tow package since I will either add it with an aftermarket number or at the dealer.

Still, I only ordered a 2-door, BD, with HD bumper (was standard on ā€˜21 model), and door lock keypad thingy. Thatā€™s it. My dealer told me that it was a basic build and should be 4-6 months but Iā€™m not new to the magic 8 ball witchcraft that is the Ford ordering system

snownow

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone is in the same position, I just dropped the tow package as it seems to be a big constraint. leaving Mic top until a good aftermarket is out,

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I may have missed this, but was a reason ever given as to why 2 door is hard top only? Just curious.

OP
OP
BroncoWhen?

BroncoWhen?

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My order is 4door. Have emailed my dealer to change to soft top/no tow package.

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t necessarily have an answer to your question but if all 2 door Broncoā€™s come standard with the hardtop, does that mean all 2 door Bronco production is slowed or is this hardtop issue just for 4 doors?

When I ordered my 2-door BD, my dealer told me the same thing plus the manual transmission will slow things as well (which I did order on my 2-door because I wanted to keep it simple and $1500 cheaper).

As far as the tow package, this was my thinking:
The Bronco can only tow 3500 pounds. If it comes from the factory with the tow package, it will have a 7-pin connector for the trailer as well as a 4-pin. Since the 7-pin is only used for trailers with brakes, I couldnā€™t think of any trailer on the planet that weighed 3500 lbs and had electric trailer brakes. Iā€™m sure there is one but if I add a trailer hitch and the 4-pin wiring at the dealer, it will potentially save me 6 months of waiting. That was my logic anyway so I passed on the trailer tow package since I will either add it with an aftermarket number or at the dealer.

Still, I only ordered a 2-door, BD, with HD bumper (was standard on ā€˜21 model), and door lock keypad thingy. Thatā€™s it. My dealer told me that it was a basic build and should be 4-6 months but Iā€™m not new to the magic 8 ball witchcraft that is the Ford ordering system
The seven pin for brakes is not necessarily for electric brakes. Many, many trailers with surge brakes utilize the seven pin out for the release of the brakes in order to back up. Maybe you want just to go forwardā€¦

Last edited:

filup01

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Mr. Nice
Youā€™re rightā€¦and thank you for confirming that Iā€™m right as well (ā€œthe 7-pin is only used for trailers with brakesā€). Although, I may yield to an argument of using the 7-pin to charge batteries in a towed trailer however, that most likely also has brakes (surge or electric).

Admittedly, there are some trailers that use a solenoid to release the surge brakes, especially when backing up hill, that donā€™t utilize a pin to prevent lockup (more common on trailers in excess of 3500 lbs total weight though). These types of trailers require electricity from the 7-pin connector.
Nevertheless, if you plan to tow this kind of trailer and this is a hard line requirement for you then, by all means, you should absolutely wait your turn in line and allow mine to be built sooner. If I need to tow, Iā€™ll use my truck while relying on the aftermarket to support the feeble towing abilities on my Bronco.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has literally said several times that your best chance to get scheduled was to drop MIC, tow and ppf. If you want to constraint chase then drop MIC and tow. The ppf is automatically dropped now.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered a 2dr mic wid with tow in Dec. 28th I believe. I got the 2.3 auto and mid. Dealer told me yesterday Im scheduled for production April 4th but I havent received anything from Ford yet.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only deadly words worse than "We're the Government, we're here to help" is "My dealer said".:cool:

The MIC, and tow package have been constraints since Moses was a child. I removed the tow from my order when I re-upped for a '22. I dropped the MIC, and 2.7L last month in hopes it would help. It a pipe dream I know, but only time will tell. Good luck with your order.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another member on this board posted these folks..

https://getautowbrake.com/

I have no opinion, but it may be a way out for people that need trailer brakes but don't want to wait for factory.
Sponsored