DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For the second half of 2021, Ford expects to earn about $3 to $4 billion. That means for the full year, Ford now expects about $9 to $10 billion in operating profits. This beats the $2.8 billion earned in 2020.

The Bronco rollout is characterized as a marketing fiasco by Ford loyalists and Bronco enthusiasts (rightly so). However, top management, who is beholden to the stockholders and not the customers, only sees the bottom line, i.e. great press and great profits.

Top management of multinational corporations are disconnected from consumers. Look no further than the woke stances and commercials by big corporations. It is a mistake to think that Ford is overly concerned with customer frustration with the Bronco. The 2021 customers pushed to 2022 or 2023 will just help FY profits/sales for those subsequent years. Ford will do what is best and cost effective for Ford, not the consumer.
Sponsored

Patotas

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the second half of 2021, Ford expects to earn about $3 to $4 billion. That means for the full year, Ford now expects about $9 to $10 billion in operating profits. This beats the $2.8 billion earned in 2020.

The Bronco rollout is characterized as a marketing fiasco by Ford loyalists and Bronco enthusiasts (rightly so). However, top management, who is beholden to the stockholders and not the customers, only sees the bottom line, i.e. great press and great profits.

Top management of multinational corporations are disconnected from consumers. Look no further than the woke stances and commercials by big corporations. It is a mistake to think that Ford is overly concerned with customer frustration with the Bronco. The 2021 customers pushed to 2022 or 2023 will just help FY profits/sales for those subsequent years. Ford will do what is best and cost effective for Ford, not the consumer.
I am willing to bet that a lot of that increased profit expected was due to both the Bronco and Mach E. With so many Broncos being pushed back yes those sales will improve fiscal years 22/23 but they will also decrease profits for 21. This means that there is a good chance Ford wonā€™t hit their projections for 21 which in turn will hurt their stock prices.
Even if the top brass at Ford donā€™t care about the individual consumer they will care about their bottom line and try their best to meet and/or exceed their projections. These projections are directly linked to their year end bonuses and annual raises and can even threaten their job if they continually perform below projections.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's how all giant corporations operate, bottom line to satisfy their stockholders.

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Roll out has been worse than it should have been even cutting some slack for Covid induced supply issues.
I do welcome the ā€œwoke stances and commercialā€. While they can be heavy handed, they are no more so than the ā€˜Murica! messaging.

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This take is making a mountain of a molehill. Ford didnā€™t screw up the bronco launch by any real definition of the word. The only dark spot is an unprecedented disruption to supply chain that is hitting everyone.

I know a ton of senior Ford execs (I work for another OEM but worked on Ford strategy at my old consultancy), and my business school classmate Esteban is the Bronco program manager. They are absolutely not out of touch and agonize over trying to do the right thing by their customers.

Sponsored

ironzachattack

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This take is making a mountain of a molehill. Ford didnā€™t screw up the bronco launch by any real definition of the word. The only dark spot is an unprecedented disruption to supply chain that is hitting everyone.

I know a ton of senior Ford execs (I work for another OEM but worked on Ford strategy at my old consultancy), and my business school classmate Esteban is the Bronco program manager. They are absolutely not out of touch and agonize over trying to do the right thing by their customers.
the ole my daddy is a lawyer trick huh? You ainā€™t foolin anyone

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They should try talking/communicating with the customer.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

giphy.gif

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the ole my daddy is a lawyer trick huh? You ainā€™t foolin anyone
Believe what you want, although I think former colleagues is much more informative than muh daddy.

They should try talking/communicating with the customer.
Agreed. Doing this across 100k+ orders that are constrained by availability of any of thousands of parts is extremely difficult and until now not something that Ford is equipped to do. Dealers are able to get this information since they are the downstream customer of OEMs, but their comms are also crappy.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is no way I can blame Ford for watching the bottom line, I would fire anyone working for me that ignored it. My only complaint is the lack of communication.

Sponsored

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The only dark spot is an unprecedented disruption to supply chain that is hitting everyone.
This made me chuckleā€¦ so youā€™re telling us that the fiasco that is Webasto is just your garden variety, Covid indiced, supply chain hicup? Ford did absolutely nothing wrong? Not in supplier selection / validation? Not in demand forecasting?? And this happened to everyone?? Riddle me thisā€¦ how did the TRX and 392 launches go? What about the G90/G92?

Tell your b-school buddy Esteban we ainā€™t buying it. Iā€™m glad heā€™s aching for us. He should be. He and his team let us all down big time. They wonā€™t likely feel the impact to Bronco sales, after all, why would I give up my order at this point? That would just be rewarding Ford and my local dealer. Nope, Iā€™ll wait as long as the glass house sees fit, then flip it. But Iā€™ll tell ya where this will hurtā€¦ this mess has soured me on Ford big time (loyal customer for 30+ years). I just sold my 2019 Super Duty (I generally upgrade very 2-3 years), but will be buying my next HD truck from someone else.

How anybody can defend Ford is beyond me at this point. Oh, and just for fun, hereā€™s a pic I took of a production MIC top at my local dealer last week. Just wowā€¦

Ford Bronco Top Management Disconnected From Consumers 57FC68A9-7040-4792-BAC3-6E5E7AAEBC90

Last edited:

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Raptor, ā€˜21 Macan S, ā€˜22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This made me chuckleā€¦ so youā€™re telling us that the fiasco that is Webasto is just your garden variety, Covid indiced, supply chain hicup? Ford did absolutely nothing wrong? Not in supplier selection / validation? Not in demand forecasting?? And this happened to everyone?? Riddle me thisā€¦ how did the TRX and 392 launches go? What about the G90/G92?

Tell your b-school buddy Esteban we ainā€™t buying it. Iā€™m glad heā€™s aching for us. He should be. He and his team let us all down big time. They wonā€™t likely feel the impact to Bronco sales, after all, why would I give up my order at this point? That would just be rewarding Ford and my local dealer. Nope, Iā€™ll wait as long as the glass house sees fit, then flip it. But Iā€™ll tell ya where this will hurtā€¦ this mess has soured me on Ford big time (loyal customer for 30+ years). I just sold my 2019 Super Duty (I generally upgrade very 2-3 years), but will be buying my next HD truck from someone else.

How anybody can defend Ford is beyond me at this point. Oh, and just for fun, hereā€™s a pic I took of a production MIC top at my local dealer last week. Just wowā€¦

Ford Bronco Top Management Disconnected From Consumers 57FC68A9-7040-4792-BAC3-6E5E7AAEBC90
1,000,000 % this šŸ‘†šŸ».

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Believe what you want, although I think former colleagues is much more informative than muh daddy.

Agreed. Doing this across 100k+ orders that are constrained by availability of any of thousands of parts is extremely difficult and until now not something that Ford is equipped to do. Dealers are able to get this information since they are the downstream customer of OEMs, but their comms are also crappy.
I understand that communication between 100,000+ customers that are knowingly a year or more out is extremely difficult. But, how about reaching out to your old buddy Esteban about the several thousand that have been sitting outside MAP since June?
@SpringTXOR @Rlack75 @CrazyDymond88 @MacDonald_Photo @Carolina Jim @EA First Edition @Clubdub @myrealname123 @Drinxxs04 and the rest of the #BadBatchBroncos
Sponsored