First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone else got something that sounds like torque converter/transmission whine? Didn't notice it the last couple days but it's very noticeable today. Little bit of googling said it was semi-normal for the 10r80, didn't see anything about the 10r60 though. Haven't heard it in any other 10 spds I've driven. Does it both in and out of gear. It's very noticeable and really kind of annoying. And no, it's not the turbo noise. Not seeing anywhere to check fluid level, though did get a nice look at the unprotected plastic trans pan.

Do these 10r60s just whine?

I'm at ~250 miles and it's otherwise performing surprisingly good for an automatic.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Boy that is in a pain in the ass spot and tight as hell. Guess I'll let the dealer worry about it when I get off work next week.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why do you think it is coming specifically from the torque converter? Iā€™ve never heard someone complain of torque converter ā€œwhineā€.

FWIW, my trans is quiet. No abnormal noises that Iā€™ve noticed.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you in 4A. Put it in 2wd and see if you still have it. Willing to bet you're feeling the front drive.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Why do you think it is coming specifically from the torque converter? Iā€™ve never heard someone complain of torque converter ā€œwhineā€.

FWIW, my trans is quiet. No abnormal noises that Iā€™ve noticed.
If you've ever heard a torque converter on its way out, you'd know haha. At least that's what I've been able to gather. Our '61 Galaxie makes the same noise but way louder. Think "supercharger whine", but obviously not that.

I'll be headed to the dealer, but can't get there until late next week.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven't noticed any odd noises, at 1400 miles now. Hopefully they can get it taken care of for you.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone else got something that sounds like torque converter/transmission whine? Didn't notice it the last couple days but it's very noticeable today. Little bit of googling said it was semi-normal for the 10r80, didn't see anything about the 10r60 though. Haven't heard it in any other 10 spds I've driven. Does it both in and out of gear. It's very noticeable and really kind of annoying. And no, it's not the turbo noise. Not seeing anywhere to check fluid level, though did get a nice look at the unprotected plastic trans pan.

Do these 10r60s just whine?

I'm at ~250 miles and it's otherwise performing surprisingly good for an automatic.
Check your fluid level?
Sponsored