Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey guys, got a few questions.

I'm trying to place an order through Military Autosource while overseas (I can't go to or call any dealers) and they're telling me they didn't see the tow package as an option. Is this something I can get later, and if so would it be marked up? I'm asking them to ask Ford about it in case it's just not showing in whatever system the dealer is using.

Any questions I should be asking before I put down a deposit? MAS has price protection guarantee and no markup. The Ford dealership I'm in contact with told me they'd submit my build for pricing when the order banks open up so I don't have a quote from them yet. Anything I should ask them aside from showing them what MAS offered so they have an opportunity to counter? Already seems like a good deal to meet or beat MSRP so I'm not sure what else I might get here.

Thanks y'all. Haven't bought a car since I bought my Focus in 2012. Pumped for this one.
Sponsored

1987DangerRanger

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 Sport - 21 Bronco Sport - 85 Parisienne
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For 2024 the tow package is now a dealer installed option and no longer installed at the factory. The person ordering should be able to see it in the bottom left corner under DIO options in WBDO. Since this is a DIO option it would not delay your build even if there was a supply issue on the hitches.

Broncos ordered this way would come with a wiring pigtail at the rear of the vehicle which would make install much easier. I am not sure but would guess trucks not ordered with it would not have the pigtail. Either way they can be added after the fact but installation would probably be much more costly.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There is a new 7-pin factory harness, not sure how difficult or different that is to install.

I added the receiver and 4-pin harness after the fact. The receiver is easy - you drop the rear bumper and it bolts right in. Took about 20 minutes

The 4-pin harness required taking about 40% of the interior panels out, running power all the way up to the battery through the firewall, removing the rear lamp assemblies and splicing a few wires. It was a very involved installation, and that was just the 4-pin. Took most of a day.

just pointing out should you chose to do after pickup. Parts were cheap, but dealer wanted an hefty sum for install. Wasn’t impossible DIY

Last edited:
OP
OP

spittle8

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
MAS got back to me and said this is what Ford sent them about the tow package.

" As for the Trailer Towing Package – that’s only available as an after-delivery item as well. Trailer Sway Control does come standard as does a Trailer Tow Prep Pack (different from the Trailer Tow Package from 2023). Trailer Tow Prep means that the truck can be equipped for towing but doesn’t include the actual parts to tow anything. "

Sound right? Sounds like everything is wired.

Thanks guys.

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had to delete my tow package (& Lux) from my initial order to eliminate the constraint parts in order to receive my Bronco in MY 2023.

Understanding the tow capacity being at 3,500, I decided that I would not see myself needing a 7 pin, and moved forward with a 4 pin to meet my towing requirements.
I first mounted a hitch, then installed 4 pin wiring harness using a Curt wiring harness. Included a 4-way flat connector that I permanently mounted next to the hitch.

I tied this tow hitch project to mounting additional back up lights, using my Aux 6 switch. The entire project was a full day and included my building/zip tying/securing my wiring harnesses. Harness tape is a clean finishing touch and helps secure the wiring.

NOTE: there are 2 different Curt wiring harnesses for either 1) LED lights or 2) Standard tail lights. Make sure you order the right Curt part as I found out the hard way!

The installation does takes some time, but is not too complicated. There are great you tube videos to help!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Adding the hitch later is a piece of cake. Also, the Curt 4 pin connection to the lights is plug and play with no splicing involved. You do need to run 1 line for 12V up to the battery but that can be done from below if you prefer. Just make sure to get a good chassis grond point for the ground. That is what kills most of the conversion boxes.
Sponsored