Towing capacity??

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r
One thing I haven’t seen mentioned in this thread; the fact that Bronco has no rear sway bar. I don’t know a whole lot about towing, but just from a basic knowledge perspective that could be something that would make towing heavy loads unstable right?
it depends...

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze
Clubs

The more I look at the Bronco and the more reasons I hear why it probably can't tow squat, the more I believe that Ford could easily have the 4dr Bronco tow 6000lb+ and the 2dr 5000+.
For every reason given why a Bronco can't tow, there is a vehicle out there that tows 5k+ despite that same said "reason". I don't believe it's wheelbase, width, height, removable top, suspension type, motor, tranny, axles, shocks, frame strength, etc, etc.

The only thing I am now unsure of is cooling.

Aside from that, maybe the MT tires compound the issue. If that's the case, I'd take different tires; even if it meant the Sasquatch option wasn't available with the tow package (as long as I got a minimum rear locker option....but front/rear locker option would be preferred)

Ford, if you're listening; please increase your customer base and offer a decent tow package. ?
It seems backwards at first but if cooling is an issue then a max tow package may actually only be available in, or have a higher rating in, the 2.3L rather than the 2.7L. Which is just fine by me personally since I want it with the 7 speed. Same as how the Gladiator tows better with the gas engine than the diesel, which seems crazy at first glance.

To your final point I wouldn't be surprised if a max tow package was restricted to four door BB, BD, and OB without Sasquatch. The taller and softer Badlands/Sasquatch suspension likely is the opposite of what you need for such a package. I'd also be worried about the brake size and if they could fit in the 16" wheels of the Base.

Last edited:

Advertisement

4 Wheel Parts

Advertisement