Dealer markup?

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My local dealer (Southeast Texas) just told me their ADM is $5K on the Sport and $15K on the Bronco. Looks like I'm finding a new local dealer.
That not a dealer, find a real one. They won't sell a single one of those at that price.
Sponsored

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm e-mailing my dealer and will hopefully get a good answer and not have to call and switch around.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I asked mine again and this is the answer:

"Remember if you don't like the price your $100 is refundable. As of now I have NO pricing information. It has not been released to us yet."

So how does one go about switching your reservation to another dealer? That was an obnoxious response. I have one of 3500 First Editions. Not gonna just walk away from it and let them sell it at a huge markup to someone else.
Buy yourself 100 shares of Ford. By the time your FE comes in, voila, X-Plan pricing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You sure can switch dealers. I'm not sure where you are located but a dealer near me is offering $1000 off invoice pricing o. All trims. https://www.grangerford.com/new-ford-bronco.html

Its probably worth your while to give them a call. Ford is going to let dealers set pricing just like on the MACHE
I am in Florida but I would travel to Des Moines for my Bronco before I would pay ADM Locally.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Buy yourself 500 shares of Ford. By the time your FE comes in, voila, X-Plan pricing.
@ $6.34 a pop that may cost a few bucks... Yeah I bought my 10 shares yesterday just for the fun of it.

Do like I did, Mustang Club of America $25 membership, x-plan pricing in 60 days.

Sponsored

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@ $6.34 a pop that may cost a few bucks... Yeah I bought my 10 shares yesterday just for the fun of it.

Do like I did, Mustang Club of America $25 membership, x-plan pricing in 60 days.
Buy the time the Bronco is delivered, I think F will be twice what it is today. New F-150 and new Bronco will drive sales big time. At least I don't think you will lose anything so it is an easy way to ge the X-plan (hold the shares at least 6 months).

BoneyRoads

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buy yourself 500 shares of Ford. By the time your FE comes in, voila, X-Plan pricing.
Did it go up to 500? I thought it was 100 shares for 6 months

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone successfully changed the dealer on their reservation yet?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer called me. I asked the question as well.

The response was really wishy washy (because they just dont know). But better than an absolute - yes. He said if I am not getting a "raptor" esque version, he isnt expecting a mark up, because it is less of an extreme/unique car. But there is no way to say for certain if an Outerbanks would have a mark-up, especially given that this will likely be a full year out, with much demand being met with pre-orders during that long window of time.

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer called me. I asked the question as well.

The response was really wishy washy (because they just dont know). But better than an absolute - yes. He said if I am not getting a "raptor" esque version, he isnt expecting a mark up, because it is less of an extreme/unique car. But there is no way to say for certain if an Outerbanks would have a mark-up, especially given that this will likely be a full year out, with much demand being met with pre-orders during that long window of time.
If I had to wager a guess, the First Editions will get one and the others will be more of a grab bag?

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am in Florida but I would travel to Des Moines for my Bronco before I would pay ADM Locally.
That’s a great find, or at least a great negotiating tool to use at your local dealership. Anyone have an idea on the typical gap between invoice and msrp on ford vehicles?

wolfman064

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Land Rover Discovery TD6
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here's what I don't understand. I understand why some dealers will attempt to price something on the lot with ADM. Think 2018 - park a shiny new Raptor on the lot, and someone will pay what they are asking for. However in this instance, we've placed reservations, and are effectively telling Ford where we would like our Broncos directed. It's not like the dealer can sell the Bronco we have reserved to someone else willing to pay more. If we move our reservation elsewhere, they will lose the sale. They aren't making a sale out of inventory - they are selling a reserved car ordered direct through Ford. So charging ADM on reserved Broncos seems counter-intuitive to me.

Of course, unless someone is willing to pay it.

79Bronco-iowa

First Name
Iowan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That’s a great find, or at least a great negotiating tool to use at your local dealership. Anyone have an idea on the typical gap between invoice and msrp on ford vehicles?

The dealer offering $1000 under invoice showed me an invoice example from a $45,000 Ranger. There was $1800 markup so a total of a little under $3000 discount with $1000 below invoice.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealership that I would like to use advertises "No Dealer Fees" as a big part of doing business with them. It is everywhere in their advertising and has been for years.

I'm confident the worst I'll do is MSRP.

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's what I don't understand. I understand why some dealers will attempt to price something on the lot with ADM. Think 2018 - park a shiny new Raptor on the lot, and someone will pay what they are asking for. However in this instance, we've placed reservations, and are effectively telling Ford where we would like our Broncos directed. It's not like the dealer can sell the Bronco we have reserved to someone else willing to pay more. If we move our reservation elsewhere, they will lose the sale. They aren't making a sale out of inventory - they are selling a reserved car ordered direct through Ford. So charging ADM on reserved Broncos seems counter-intuitive to me.

Of course, unless someone is willing to pay it.
Ding Ding Ding! As long as we can switch our reservations, that is. Otherwise they have us.
Sponsored