First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is disappointing... the Nittos fit the Raptor so much better than the BFG AT and really the BFG MT as well. There doesn't seem to be alot of space with the upper control arm, but I thought it would be enough...

Had the Raptor come with the BFG MT, I would run them until they wore out... They do look better than the AT. I was hoping I could at least move up to the 13.5 wide MT if I had to go that route...

Thanks for sharing pics and the experience. I may have to go with spacers as I kind of like beadlocks.

I didn’t take very good pics. Wish I did.

The rub was on control arm. Enough to feel and hear it.

IMG_9295.jpeg

A01A6150-72A5-4FF7-892A-553074A90595.jpeg
Sponsored

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have owned the Nitto, Toyo and the Cooper STT on various vehicles over time.

-Nitto 35x12.5 R17was very good on my 3/4t F250 and had over 30k miles on a heavy truck when I sold it- still plenty of miles.
-Toyo is great on my '75 Bronco street queen (37x13.5 R15). They are a heavy tire on a small vehicle and I can feel it in the brakes and steering. I also had them on my 3/4t 2500HD (35x12.5R20)and they wore out in 25k miles.
-Cooper STT were also on my 3/4t 2500HD (35x12.5 R20) and they lasted nearly 40,000 miles under this heavy truck. They looked good, performed well and I thought for mud tires, they were somewhat quieter than the Nitto or Toyo.

Alot of this doesn't directly apply to the Bronco... unfortunately the bulk of 17 & 18" tires are made with trucks in mind and are D or E rated with higher air pressures and tire weight (+20lbs each- 30%). Not ideal for a 'car' that weighs up to 3,000lbs less. You should get higher miles out of them on a Bronco, but you will likely feel them in the steering, suspension and brakes as I did with my '75 Bronco. Aire them down and get Forscan to adjust tire pressure requirements.

At this point,
  1. Know they will all be loud with the less than quiet hard top
  2. They will all challenge the steering and brakes more (how much- not sure)
  3. You will feel a difference in the suspension with the harder sidewall and higher air pressure
  4. they will be expensive.
Get what you like the looks of the best- if money is not an issue.

By the way- the BFG MT in 37x13.5 R17 is really the only tire in a similar weight range to the factory C range AT.
Milestar Patagonia’s are a similar weight to BFG’s

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is disappointing... the Nittos fit the Raptor so much better than the BFG AT and really the BFG MT as well.

Had the Raptor come with the BFG MT, I would run them until they wore out... They do look better than the AT. I was hoping I could at least move up to the 13.5 wide MT if I had to go that route...

Thanks for sharing pics and the experience. I may have to go with spacers as I kind of like beadlocks.
Did you figure out which tire and wheel spacer combo looks better?

DewarT

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you figure out which tire and wheel spacer combo looks better?
I haven't dug that far into it yet, but saw a video from Godspeed RZR on spacers and I believe he used 1.5" (see below). Generally not a big fan of spacers, but if you keep them torqued, they shouldn't load the wheel bearings any more than offset wheels. I would like to go with 13.5" wide tires on the factory beadlock capable wheel.

https://www.amazon.com/KSP-Hubcentr...6a05177449f34&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

DewarT

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Milestar Patagonia’s are a similar weight to BFG’s
I had not looked at those- not a big fan of the tread and sidewall If I'm chasing looks. I wonder how the last compared to some brand name tires under a 6,000lb vehicle.

Sponsored

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had not looked at those- not a big fan of the tread and sidewall If I'm chasing looks. I wonder how the last compared to some brand name tires under a 6,000lb vehicle.
Idk if you watch YouTube but Matt’s Offroad Recovery uses them almost exclusively and they swear by them.

DewarT

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Idk if you watch YouTube but Matt’s Offroad Recovery uses them almost exclusively and they swear by them.
I’ve seen them on a lot of YouTubers with decent reviews but how much is advertising versus preference. Several have moved away from them too.

they may be a good option to jump from the BFG AT For weight and price.

OP
OP

mfrunlimited

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Raptor, bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I didn’t take very good pics. Wish I did.

The rub was on control arm. Enough to feel and hear it.

IMG_9154.jpeg

IMG_9295.jpeg

IMG_9188.jpeg

A01A6150-72A5-4FF7-892A-553074A90595.jpeg
Rocketship41 wouldnt a spacer solve the rubbing problem?
Sponsored