Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No exaggeration they have spent 4 days of time across 3 visits trying to figure out why both my DS tire pressure sensors won’t work. Today they installed another set of transmitters. I’ve triple checked the part #s they are correct. The Bronco can’t see them. They confirmed they are transmitting. Ive swapped wheels from DS to PS and confirmed the readout updates, so I know the sensors are all good.
Anyone else? Can anyone confirm that function is controlled by the body control module?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The signal from the sensors in transmitted to the RTM (radio transceiver module). The RTM then shares the information with the BCM over a LIN network. While it may be a possible BCM issue, it’s very unlikely, but also impossible to say without actually going through the testing.

OP
OP
KnoxGnater

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The signal from the sensors in transmitted to the RTM (radio transceiver module). The RTM then shares the information with the BCM over a LIN network. While it may be a possible BCM issue, it’s very unlikely, but also impossible to say without actually going through the testing.
Is there some FORD procedure for testing I can point the dealer to? They are really struggling with keeping good techs, anything I can do to help them problem solve would be beneficial.

@flip any experience with this one?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to go with BCM for the fact we have a bronco that has a starting issue depending where in the vehicle the fob is. The antennas in all 4 corners work and if fob is held near them, it will start. If you hold it head height above the arm rest it won't. Tried new fobs, batteries, etc. Only thing it leads us to believe is the BCM isn't generating enough signal or the pinged signal from the fob is too weak depending how far away they are.

If the sensors swapped side to side prove out then it almost has something to do with signal reception to the RTM or how the BCM interacts in the whole thing. If they're at this point, just order both parts and install one or the other to see what happens. Some of these odd issues only have limited diag before it leads you in a circle or to a part. Sometimes you just have to get the parts cannon out.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If they're at this point, just order both parts and install one or the other to see what happens. Some of these odd issues only have limited diag before it leads you in a circle or to a part. Sometimes you just have to get the parts cannon out.
100% agree with this.

@KnoxGnater There is only one section of the WSM for diagnosing this concern, which I would hope they have already been through.
You started this thread almost a month ago. By this point they definitely should’ve just launched a BCM at it if they still can’t figure it out 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored
OP
OP
KnoxGnater

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks both. I’ve been waiting for them to schedule, going to call them tomorrow and make sure they have both parts in hand before I take it back in.

OP
OP
KnoxGnater

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well lo and behold, when they actualy used the CORRECT F'N PARTS its all good now. They had it 3 more days to do what they should have 8 months ago. I will absolutely never go back there, and tell anyone who will listen what a bunch of clowns they are.

PescadorPirate

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Be very careful. If you read my thread on TCM/Gateway Module issues you will see that Ford has a big engineering issue with these components and software upgrades. What seems simple could turn out to be the nightmare I am going through.

OP
OP
KnoxGnater

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the heads up, i read your posts and am sorry you're having those issues. I asked to see the old parts, and confirmed what they put in this last time. They truly put the wrong ones in 3x. Different frequency, clearly not compatible. Came down to true incompetence of the techs. Everything else electronically is fine, and no issues since the correct sensors went in.
Sponsored